(PRWEB) January 27, 2016
The Home, Garden and Green Living Show (HGGL) is excited to announce some of the upcoming Southern Energy & Environment Educational Workshops as part of the March 2016 event, including green building, electric vehicles and natural native landscaping.
Ned Ryan Doyle, Educational Coordinator for the 2016 Home, Garden & Green Living Show and formerly Director of the Southern Energy & Environment Expo from 2001 through 2010, said, “It’s exciting to team up with the longest running Home Show in WNC again and offer workshops and programs that folks need to help them to ‘go green’ in and around their homes and community. Our exhibitors offer a range of services and products at the HGGl show and the educational component helps guide those choices for visitors.”
Doyle said, “We’ll have the final schedule for dozens of workshops and forums by February 15th, all free with daily admission. These are just a few of the many workshops for the event, and we’re very glad to have them participate.” These include informational programs from the Blue Ridge Electric Vehicle Club, a chapter of the Electric Auto Association, the WNC Green Building Council and Carolina Native Landscapes. For a full workshop description visit http://www.homegardenandgreenlivingshow.com
- Electric Vehicles: Transportation for the Future Today
- Green Building for Your Home
- Remodel for Health and Energy Efficiency
- Green Building 101
- Building a New Green Home
- Green Living Outside Your Home with Native Landscaping
- Hempcrete Design & Construction
- Hemp in the 21st Century
- Powering your Home with Solar Energy
- Home Buying Guidelines from TD Bank
- Energy Efficiency & Commercial Energy & Efficiency Programs
- Distributed Energy Resources
- Backing up your Solar Energy system with Batteries
- Putting energy efficiency to work in WNC
- Energy Efficient Technologies
- The Benefits of Biochar
- The Tree Care Do's and Don'ts of Pre-Construction Planning
- Is Solar Right for Your Home or Business?
- Integrating Solar Power and Transportation Today
- Climate Change, Industrial Biomass, and the Future of Our Southern Forests
- Asheville’s Office of Sustainability
- Professor Jim Reynolds, National Sierra Club Special Achievement Awards Winner
For more information or media inquiries contact:
About the WNC Home, Garden and Green Living Show:
The 41st Annual WNC Home & Garden and Green Living Show is back and it’s bigger and better than ever! The premier green living event in Asheville has partnered with the Southern Energy and Environmental Educational Series (SEE EXPO) and will be held at the U.S. Cellular Center in downtown Asheville March 18-20, 2016. As the longest running and most attended WNC Home Show, it will feature products and services for the home and garden as well as dozens of new seminars and workshops with topics ranging from electric vehicles, solar energy, sustainable gardening and everything in between! To join this event or for more information, visit http://www.homegardenandgreenlivingshow.com.
Tickets are available in advance on the show website: http://www.homegardenandgreenlivingshow.com or at the show office at the U.S. Cellular (formerly the Civic Center) Box Office, on website and are on sale during event hours. All tickets include daily seminars and workshops.