San Francisco, California (PRWEB) January 27, 2016
Vator, one of the largest business networks and social platforms dedicated to entrepreneurs and investors, has announced its 2nd annual conference and startup competition dedicated completely to digital health.
Building on the success of its inaugural Splash Health conference in 2015 and its sister “Splash” conferences worldwide, Vator Splash Health will host trailblazing entrepreneurs, CEO’s, angel investors, and VCs to discuss the state of the digital health ecosystem.
The event takes place February 23 at the Kaiser Center in Oakland.
Startup founders, investors and digital health leaders on the agenda include: Lynne Chou, Kleiner Perkins; Vijay Pande, Andreessen Horowitz; Helmy Eltoukhy, Founder and CEO, Guardant Health, which has raised nearly $200 million in venture financing; Ali Diab, Founder and CEO, Collective Health; Vic Gundotra, CEO, AliveCor; Ted Tanner, Co-founder and CTO, Pokitdok; Alan Levy, Chairman and CEO, Chrono Therapeutics; Rick Altinger, CEO, Glooko; Drew Schiller, Founder and CTO, Validic; David Van Sickle, Founder and CEO, Propeller Health; Jeremy Howard, Founder and CEO, Enlitic; Camille Samuels, Partner, Venrock; Risa Stack, Partner, GE Ventures; Jack Young, Heal of Qualcomm Life Fund; Julia Moore, Partner, Thiel Foundation’s Breakout Labs.
"The numbers underscore the rabid activity in this space. More than $4 billion was invested in digital health startups in 2015, up 5% from the prior record year,” said Vator Founder and CEO Bambi Francisco. “We’re thrilled to present a platform for the brightest minds in the digital health community to converge for a full day of dynamic conversations and idea-sharing.”
In addition to breaking news from CEO’s, trending topics and major themes on the Vator Splash Health 2016 agenda include:
– Game-changing disruption in healthcare (with Helmy Eltoukhy, Founder and CEO, Guardant Health; Ali Diab, Founder and CEO, Collective Health; Vijay Pande, Partner, Andreessen Horowitz; Lynn Chou, Partner, Kleiner Perkins; Cory Johnson, Bloomberg Technology Anchor)
– Innovators in patient-centered healthcare: How consumers are becoming better CEOs of their health and the startups helping them (with Alan Levy, Founder and CEO, Chrono Therapeutics; Vic Gundotra, CEO, AliveCo; Peter Shalek, Founder and CEO, Joyable; Jason Oberfest, Founder and CEO, Mango Health)
– Telemedicine and Patient-centered engagement: The new services and products helping care providers do their jobs remotely (with David Van Sickle, Founder and CEO, Propeller Health; Rick Altinger, CEO, Glooko; Jeremy Howard, Founder and CEO, Enlitic; Roman Arzhintar, Managing Director, Vator Investment Club)
– Uncovering new data from APIs and the platforms: New data collected to make treatment and monitoring more efficient (with Ted Tanner, co-Founder and CTO, Pokitdok; Missy Krasner, Managing Dir, Healthcare & Life Sciences, Box; Drew Schiller, Founder and CTO, Validic; Paul Willard, Partner at Subtraction Capital)
– Funding the ‘science’ behind healthcare (with Julia Moore of Thiel Foundation’s Breakout Labs)
– Meet active financiers of the digital health ecosystem (with Dave Schulte, Partner, McKesson Ventures; Nancy Brown, Partner, Oak HC/FT; Steve Barsh, Partner, DreamIt Ventures Health; Tony Miller, Partner at Lehmi Vnetures)
– Top six digital health startup finalists in the Finalist Showdown (with Camille Samuels, Partner, Venrock; Risa Stack, Partner, GE Ventures; Jack Young, Partner, Qualcomm Life Fund; Shomit Ghose, Partner, Onset Ventures)
Sponsors and partners for Vator Splash Health 2016 include KPMG, Bread and Butter Wines, Scrubbed, Stratpoint, Healthiest, University of California Berkeley Haas School of Business, UCSF, Bloomberg TV, Buzzfeed, and more.
A limited number of Tickets for Vator Splash Health are still available.