MIAMI (PRWEB) January 29, 2016
The American Advertising Federation of Miami (AAF Miami) announced today that it is accepting submissions for the local ADDYs, also known as the American Advertising Awards, which recognizes and rewards the creative spirit of excellence in the art of advertising. Known as the advertising industry’s largest and most representative competition, the ADDYs is a three-tiered national competition that attracts over 40,000 entries every year and begins with recognition from the local Ad Clubs. In order to be considered at the local level for 2016, South Florida-based advertising and marketing agencies should submit their work physically at the Miami Ad School, and digitally, at aafmiami.org/the-addys, by Friday, Jan. 29, 2016 at 7pm EST.
Entry in the local Ad Club competition is the first step toward winning a national ADDY. Agencies that win at the local level, will move on to the second tier, where they will compete against winners from other local Ad Clubs in one of 15 district competitions. District ADDY winners will move on to the third tier to compete at the national level for the national 2016 ADDY Awards.
“Miami continues to gain recognition as an artistic and design-focused city with amazing creative talent, and the AAF Awards gives us an opportunity to spotlight the work and continue to fuel imagination that sells,” said Alfredo Pedroso, AAF Miami President. “We can’t wait to see what Miami talent brings the table for the 2016 ADDYs.”
Entering the American Advertising Awards supports the entire advertising industry, because the AAF and its local and district affiliates use the proceeds to enhance advertising through programs such as public service, professional development, internships, advocacy groups, advertising education, and consumer awareness.
This year’s judges for the AAF Miami Awards include:
- Dwight Douthit, President and Chief Creative Officer at Douthit Design Group, Incorporated in Houston, Texas
- Omar Acosta, Executive Creative Director/ Producer at Stretch and Bobbito the Film, and Director of Omar Acosta Productions in Venice Beach, California
- Patricia Ortiz, ACD / Art Director at Deutsch in Los Angeles, California
- Tom Schimoler, Executive Creative Director at Kipany in New York, New York
Eligibility requirements include:
- All work entered in the ADDY competition must have first appeared in the media between January 1, 2015 and December 31, 2015.
- With the exceptions of Public Service Advertising and Advertising Industry Self Promotion categories, and student entries, work entered must have been the result of paid creative services and media placement in the normal course of business.
- For Student eligibility requirements refer to the Student American Advertising Awards Rules & Categories available at http://www.AmericanAdvertisingAwards.com.
The Entry Kit is available for download at aafmiami.org/the-addys.
About The American Advertising Federation of Miami
The American Advertising Federation of Miami (AAF Miami) seeks to protect and promote the advertising industry. By educating members on new trends, technology and government issues through a variety of monthly programs and events, the AAF Miami provides unique opportunities for networking, learning and attaining valuable discounts. With over 350 individual and corporate members locally, the AAF Miami club has access to over 200 affiliates throughout the U.S. For more information, visit http://www.aafmiami.org.