inMotionNow has gathered data from creative teams and is sharing the data to help other teams identify areas for improvement, and establish industry best practices.
Morrisville, N.C. (PRWEB) February 01, 2016
inMotionNow, a leading provider of creative work management solutions, today announced results from a two-year study of marketing and creative professionals. In January 2014, inMotionNow launched a free Workflow Checkup to help creative professionals diagnose the health of four key areas of their teams’ workflow. The company has since gathered this workflow health data from more than 231 creative teams and is now sharing that data to help other teams identify areas for improvement, and to establish industry best practices.
“We have an amazing customer base, and we worked with these customers to create this Workflow Checkup,” explained Ben Hartmere, CEO, inMotionNow. “Our goal was to create a tool that would help not only our customers, but other creative professionals facing those same challenges. Many have no idea how they compare with their peers and/or industry standards. They are looking for help setting goals for improvement, and implementing best practices to meet those goals.”
The four key areas diagnosed by the Workflow Checkup include:
- Job Requests & Kickoff: How teams process incoming project requests and assign resources and priorities.
- Project Management: How teams monitor the status of projects and deadlines.
- Review & Approval Process: How teams manage the routing of proofs for review and maintain version control.
- Metrics & Reporting: How teams track key performance metrics to improve productivity.
Creative teams utilizing the Workflow Checkup varied greatly in size:
- 70% have 10 members or less.
- 30% have 10 or more members.
- 5% have 5 members or more.
The number of projects created (by each team) over the past year covers a broad range:
- 51% created fewer than 500 projects.
- 49% created 500 or more projects.
- 14% crated more than 2000 projects.
The size of your team has the biggest impact on your creative workflow:
- Only 40% of small teams track time, while 57% of large teams track time.
- Only 39% of small teams complete more than 500 projects annually, while 78% of large teams do.
Creative teams face a number of common challenges:
- Only 20% of teams get all of the information they need with the initial job request.
- 86% of teams say projects get started without a manager’s authorization.
- 57% of team members spend more than four hours per week on administrative tasks, with 29% spending seven or more hours per week.
- 26% say projects always go over deadline.
- 74% say it takes at least three rounds of review to get final approval.
- 68% of teams have more than three stakeholders who need to review and approve a typical proof.
Creative professionals utilizing inMotionNow’s Workflow Checkup not only gain insight into how they compare against their peers, but also receive feedback on how to improve their score and/or establish best practices.
Recommendations for improvement may include:
- Developing a formal request process and sticking to it, including the use of a project request form.
- Tracking projects/status using project management software or some other method, including a deadline calendar.
- Establishing a better review process, including better client communication and setting better expectations.
- Setting and evaluating key productivity metrics, including time tracking.
- Leveraging a library of previously created/approved materials, to streamline the creative process, to ensure consistent/complementary content and to streamline approval process.
inMotionNow’s Creative Work Management solution simplifies the three phases of creative production for marketing and creative teams: Request, Create and Review. This helps to automate the administrative parts of their job and allows them to focus on what they do best. inMotionNow customers have experienced a number of benefits, including an improvement in project request accuracy, shorter project lifecycle and faster time to approval.
The free Workflow Checkup is still available for use by creative professionals. inMotionNow also plans to publish a Best Practices guide in the near future. For more information, visit http://www.inmotionnow.com/workflow-resource/workflow-checkup/.
inMotionNow solves project request, project management, content review and reporting challenges for marketing and creative teams with its work management application, inMotion. With inMotion, teams can automate administrative tasks that typically distract content creators from getting their content to market faster. inMotion gives marketing and creative teams what they need to ease the launch of new projects, solve visibility and accountability issues during project execution, surface actionable insights and end the chase for approvals.