Rearview mirrors, appropriate head movement, and active visual scanning of the road environment: use them all to your maximum advantage as defensive driving techniques to reduce the likelihood of side and rear collisions.
Trevose, PA (PRWEB) January 29, 2016
The CEI Group, Inc. (CEI) has added a new online fleet driver safety lesson to its DriverCare accident prevention application, the company announced today. Entitled, “Rearview Defensive Driving,” its goal is to help fleet drivers avoid rear-end and lane-change collisions, which remain among the most common kinds of traffic accidents.
The five-minute module comes with a five-question test, and covers the following topics:
- How to adjust your mirrors to eliminate blind spots.
- The benefit of attaching a small convex mirror to the driver’s side mirror.
- The importance of looking and listening for passing traffic or pedestrians when backing up, even if your vehicle has a rear-looking camera.
- Keeping an eye out for inattentive or distracted drivers vehicles coming from the rear when stopped at an intersection.
- Look for an escape route at intersections to avoid a collision from the rear.
- Maintain a 2-second safety advantage by scanning all your mirrors and side windows all the time.
The lesson concludes with this advice:
“Rearview mirrors, appropriate head movement, and active visual scanning of the road environment: use them all to your maximum advantage as defensive driving techniques to reduce the likelihood of side and rear collisions. The life you save may be your own!”
CEI, a fleet driver management company, is a leading provider of technology-enhanced vehicle accident, driver safety and fleet risk management services. Its provider network consists of some 4,000 collision repair shops in North America, and includes nearly 1,000 truck collision repair centers. Its customers include self-insured, commercial, and institutional and government fleets, directly and through alliances with fleet leasing companies. CEI also provides vehicle direct repair program outsourcing to leading property and casualty insurance companies.
Founded in 1983, CEI has headquarters near Philadelphia, PA, and field sales offices in Trevose, PA, Tulsa, OK, Atlanta, GA, Dallas, TX and Minneapolis, MN. In 2000, CEI launched its DriverCare™ solution, which include fleet risk management, MVR ordering and compliance, on-line and behind-the-wheel driver safety training and a safety newsletter. For more information about CEI, please visit ceinetwork.com.