“We're committed to eliminating the notion of recovery time altogether, regardless of where data lives, with a purpose-built solution that offers enterprise grade technology paired with a simple, intuitive user experience," said Mike Crest, CEO, Arcserve
Minneapolis, Minnesota (PRWEB) February 02, 2016
Arcserve, LLC, the market’s first provider of simple, unified data protection for cloud, virtual and physical environments, today announced the new release of Arcserve® Unified Data Protection (UDP) to deliver continuous availability and unmatched simplicity from within a multi-platform solution set. Available across the UDP portfolio of software, appliances and the cloud, it introduces significant advancements in data protection for Linux™ environments, instant VM recovery and instant Bare Metal Recovery, unified installation and enhancements for third party integration.
“As organizations move away from a modest tolerance for downtime to demanding an ‘always on’ environment, the idea of recovery gives way to availability,” said Mike Crest, CEO, Arcserve. “This new release underscores our commitment to eliminating the notion of recovery time altogether – regardless of where data lives – with a purpose-built solution that offers enterprise grade technology paired with a simple, intuitive user experience.
Already encompassing global source-side deduplication, WAN-optimized replication and automated disaster recovery testing, Arcserve UDP provides single solution simplicity across cloud, virtual and physical environments. The new release redefines data protection with:
- Wizard-Driven Setup: New getting started wizards and a Unified Product Installer get you up and running in minutes; simply click the features you want and download in one easy step.
- Management Authority: Improve deployment, management and third-party integration with role-based administration, reboot-less agent deployment and a new Command Line Interface (CLI).
- Faster, More Flexible Recovery Options: New enterprise storage array snapshot integration provides high performance, low-impact snapshots of virtual and physical production servers. Instant VM recovery from agent-based and agentless backups of vSphere and Hyper-V and virtual-to-virtual (V2V) and virtual-to-physical (V2P) restores, provide additional options for improving RTOs and RPOs. Instant Bare Metal Restore (BMR) enables local and remote recovery of virtual and physical systems, from within the UDP console.
- Significantly Enhanced Linux Support: Linux systems now benefit from UDP’s advanced Windows® protection capabilities, such as global deduplication, WAN-optimized replication, archive to tape and many more. Leverage file/folder level recovery of Linux VMs backed up via agentless, host-based backups on vSphere and Hyper-V hosts. You have full control of data protection objectives with infinite incremental backups, bare metal restore of Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) systems, and the ability to back up and restore to and from recovery point server (RPS) deduplication data stores.
- Data Protection Advancements for Windows Platforms: Complete data protection for the most recent Windows environments, including Windows 10. Exchange granular recovery (Including Exchange 2016) lets you recover non-email items without having to restore the entire mailbox. Reboot-less agent deployment provides rapid deployment of Windows agents from the UDP console without needing to reboot production machines.
- Unified Tape Management: New Unified Tape Management allows you to manage the scheduling, monitoring and migration of recovery points to tape, directly from within the UDP console.
“Arcserve’s Unified Data Protection has taken a major step forward with this latest release. New capabilities such as hardware snapshots, instant VM recovery and instant Bare Metal Restore, Linux-focused support, and enhanced operational usability provide users with a simple and unified solution to protect any form of data,” said Jason Buffington, senior analyst for data protection at Enterprise Strategy Group. “Arcserve UDP should appeal to SMB and mid-sized organizations that need comprehensive recovery with one solution, from one vendor, managed from one pane of glass.”
Arcserve partners and managed service providers leverage Arcserve UDP to accelerate revenue opportunities, provide disaster recovery as a service (DRaaS), and expand their market reach. “I’ve used a variety of data protection tools, but those seem like ‘features’ of what Arcserve provides in its UDP solution. With its extensive capabilities, I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it is to use while providing remarkable results – a 92% reduction in data size – so that I’m able to back up more data at less cost, and provide superior protection for customers,” said Benoit Rainville, President of MS Geslam.
Arcserve is a leading provider of data protection and recovery software that provides organizations with the assurance that they can recover their data and applications when needed. Launched in 1990, Arcserve provides a comprehensive solution for cloud, virtual and physical environments, on premise or in the cloud, backed by unsurpassed support and expertise. Arcserve Unified Data Protection (UDP), available on Arcserve’s appliance or your hardware, drives a full range of highly efficient and integrated data protection capabilities through a simple, web-based user console. Arcserve has a customer base of 45,000 end users in more than 150 countries and partners with over 7,500 distributors, resellers and service providers around the world. Arcserve is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota with offices around the world. Visit http://www.arcserve.com.