Today’s IT Leaders have a fiduciary duty to architect infrastructure in a cloud-agnostic manner to ensure it is future-proof
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) February 02, 2016
Scalr today announced the public beta availability of of the latest version of its leading enterprise cloud management platform. This release contains features several important updates including a command-line interface, improved error reporting, multiple API keys, and a completely RESTful interface. With the public beta, Scalr hopes to not only gain public feedback but also help organizations streamline their cloud management processes, making the experience of managing modern infrastructure smoother and more efficient.
“Today’s IT Leaders have a fiduciary duty to architect infrastructure in a cloud-agnostic manner to ensure it is future-proof ,” said Sebastian Stadil, CEO of Scalr. “This latest version of the Scalr platform helps further orchestrate, automate and enforce policy across hybrid clouds to drive even greater efficiency for cloud stakeholders.”
Scalr allows enterprises to govern, audit, and manage their cloud usage from a unified console, policy framework, and enforcement point. It does so with its proven solution that provides IT departments with the means to oversee and regulate an organization's use of cloud resources.
New Scalr features that further governance and ease of use include:
- Command Line Tool: The new command line tool is a wrapper for the new API, allowing users to easily output data in different formats – from yaml to json to xml. This increases automation and integration to other systems and it unlocks the data in a structured and meaningful way. The command line tool also features autocomplete commands for consistency and reduced errors, which helps increase user speed and accuracy. The new command line allows for the import and export of Scalr objects. This translates into easy mobility across environments, as well as the ability to easily share and version Scalr objects.
- Completely RESTful, consistent API: The Scalr platform is now completely RESTful, which means that system resources are exposed in a flexible way to provide a standard approach to easily meet integration requirements regardless of the enterprise’s applications. This provides a critical tool to building a cloud foundation where data can be easily combined and services can be built to create an even more powerful end solution.
- New Methods: The latest features include several new methods, such as CRUD for Images and Roles.
- Infrastructure as Code: Scalr provides the tools to support infrastructure as code. This allows developers to automate infrastructure configurations in their application code, thus further decreasing time to market.
- Multiple API Keys: With the new API, users may have multiple API keys, giving them the opportunity to have different access and user rights for different sets of systems. Supporting multiple API keys enables streamlined API management. For example, revoke access for a single client without disrupting other operations.
While Scalr has no short-term plans to deprecate older versions of the platform, it will aggressively deprecate the latest beta versions in favor of new releases. More information can be found here; scalr-ctl command line tool information can be found here.
The Scalr cloud platform enables today’s enterprise to manage and control accelerated application development across public, private and multi-cloud environments through an enterprise grade, on-premise software solution. The Scalr platform elegantly automates the deployment, monitoring and governance of cloud computing environments. Founded in 2007, Scalr has been selected by leading global organizations, including Samsung, the FDA, Merkle, Acxiom, Expedia, and NASA. http://www.scalr.com