San Francisco, California (PRWEB) February 04, 2016
Originate, a modern software-as-a-service provider based in Silicon Valley, today announced the availability of a complete solution to migrate existing Parse.com applications to an open-source platform managed by Originate.
Parse.com, a backend-as-a-service startup acquired by Facebook in 2013, announced last week they are shutting down. Many developers are now facing large migration projects, as well as the challenge of hosting their own back-ends. The cost, impact, and risk associated with such a migration may be insurmountable for many companies to take on alone.
“Originate has successfully partnered with many companies over the years to migrate their applications from Parse.com to an open source back-end in order to enable more control and scalability,” said Rob Meadows, CEO of Originate. “We are excited to offer this solution, combined with our world-class DevOps and hosting capabilities, to businesses who have been affected by this sudden shutdown of another closed commercial platform and are now looking for a safe, easy, complete, and minimally disruptive transfer to an open-source solution.”
The new offering includes:
- Migration of existing Parse.com back-end and data to Originate’s hosted Parse-compatible open-source solution
- Updating analytics providers, admin dashboard setup, migrating job queues, push notification setup, Google Cloud Messaging setup, welcome email and email verification functionality, App Link tags, and non-Facebook social logins
- Setting up development and production environments to test mobile and web application releases
- Ongoing secure, scalable, worry-free hosting including regular updates to newer versions of open-source services
- Redundant cloud setup that is hardened against outages with full nightly backups of data
- Immediate access to high-quality development and design talent for future application or back-end customizations at a reduced price
The company said that pricing depends on the number of services required and the complexity of the applications, but that in most cases it will cost customers less than attempting to migrate on their own.
“It is unfortunate to see a great service like Parse.com going away, but this is definitely in line with the trend we are seeing to move away from proprietary platforms like Salesforce, Oracle, and SAP in lieu of open-source solutions based on Node.js, Play, or Rails,” commented Kevin Goslar, Originate’s VP of Engineering. “Combined with public clouds like AWS, Heroku, IBM, Google, and Microsoft Azure, there is virtually no limit to what can be done with open source - and we are very excited to be right in the middle of it.”
Companies are asked to contact Originate via partner(at)originate(dot)com for more information.
Originate is the world’s first Product Partnership Company. Formed in 2007, Originate partners with established companies and high-growth startups to take any modern software product they can imagine and deliver it “as a Service”. By combining a unique partnership model, extraordinary talent, and a proven approach, Originate is able to deliver the convenience of SaaS with the flexibility of custom software. Originate’s talent-first culture has attracted 100+ of the world’s top designers, engineers, and product strategists across offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Orange County, Las Vegas, and New York.