We appreciate these outstanding radio and television partners who generously work to raise needed funds and consistently put local kids first.
Salt Lake City (PRWEB) February 25, 2016
Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals recognized its top radio and television supporters at an awards ceremony near Orlando, Fla. on Wednesday, Feb. 24. Representatives from the charity’s 170 member hospitals gathered with corporate and media partners to honor those who raise critical funds and awareness for children’s hospitals across North America.
This year’s award recipients were selected for their extraordinary efforts and long-term commitment to Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.
- 2015 Television Station of the Year: KYTX, serving eastern Texas
- 2015 Television Person of the Year: Fred Anderson of WITN, serving eastern N.C.
- 2015 English Radio Person of the Year: Maria Dennis of WWMX, serving Baltimore, Md.
- 2015 English Radio Station of the Year: WDVE, serving Pittsburgh
- 2015 Hispanic Radio Person of the Year: Alex “El Genio” Lucas, serving Los Angeles and various markets across the country
- 2015 Hispanic Radio Station of the Year: Lazer Broadcasting, serving multiple markets in California and Nevada
“Many people don’t realize children’s hospitals depend on donations to make up the difference between the cost of children’s healthcare and what government and insurance programs cover,” said John Lauck, president and CEO of Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. “We appreciate these outstanding radio and television partners who generously work to raise needed funds and consistently put local kids first.”
To learn more about the Children’s Miracle Network Hospital in your community, or the media partners who support it, visit CMNHospitals.org.
About Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals
Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals® raises funds and awareness for 170 member hospitals that provide 32 million treatments each year to kids across the U.S. and Canada. Donations stay local to fund critical treatments and healthcare services, pediatric medical equipment and charitable care. Since 1983, Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals has raised more than $5 billion, most of it $1 at a time through the charity's Miracle Balloon icon. Its various fundraising partners and programs support the nonprofit's mission to save and improve the lives of as many children as possible. Find out why children's hospitals need community support, and learn about your member hospital, at CMNHospitals.org and facebook.com/CMNHospitals.