We have had support for Linux Bare Metal Restores on the Bacula4 platform for years now, but our latest version is a major leap forward in terms of features and flexibility.
(PRWEB) February 11, 2016
Bacula4 Inc., a leading provider of automated backup and recovery solutions, announced today significant new enhancements to its Bare Metal Restore (BMR) capabilities for Linux and other Unix-based operating systems. The latest version of Bacula4 provides a highly robust, yet simple to use BMR and Disaster Recovery (DR) platform that can be customized and fine-tuned to suit any IT requirement.
When Bacula4 started development, there was a significant gap in the market for backing up and restoring large, complex, multi-platform IT environments. Founding parent Cartika Inc. was looking for a solution to meet this specific need for its hosting clients and after extensive research decided to build their own leveraging the powerful open source Bacula engine.
According to Bacula4 CEO Andrew Rouchotas, “We have had support for Linux Bare Metal Restores on the Bacula4 platform for years now, but our latest version is a major leap forward in terms of features and flexibility. Feedback from Linux clients and partners who leverage Bacula4 shaped our product planning in this newest release and we are excited by how our offering stacks up against much larger and more expensive systems currently available.”
Bacula4 Linux-Based BMR Highlights
- Support for all Unix-based operating systems
- Virtual-to-physical, physical-to-virtual and virtual-to-virtual restores across non-homogenous hypervisors
- Combines with Bacula4’s highly granular backup/restore capabilities to offer a complete DR solution
- Easy installation, configuration and restores using the “Bacula4 Wizard” GUI
- Recovery media bootable from any media – USB, CD/DVD, or Bootable ISO Image (PXE Network boot recovery integrated into the GUI coming soon)
- Creates a unique bootable recovery medium for every restore point ensuring compatibility with each BMR without relying on a central recovery ISO that often has issues with specific recoveries
About Bacula4 inc.
Founded in Toronto in May 2011, Bacula4 has established itself as a leader in backup and recovery automation solutions. Built on open standards and concepts, it’s simply a more intelligent way to manage backup and recovery requirements. Bacula4 builds and maintains a full automation and integration suite, letting users quickly and easily manage full backups and DR strategies for any sized business. Trusted by thousands of IT professionals and enterprises to backup and restore data, Bacula4 delivers proven reliability. With robust automation, integration, and business logic - Bacula4 is highly scalable, cost-effective, and flexible. It also comes with 24×7 technical support.
For more information, visit http://www.bacula4.com or follow us on social media.