Weddings are a traditional industry and is one of the last industries to meld tech into it @wedtechsummit — Randi Zuckerberg, Founder DotComplicated.com on Twitter
SAN FRANCISCO, CA (PRWEB) February 11, 2016
WedTech Summit is the first wedding conference to look behind the veil, cupcakes, and champagne bubbles to reveal a goldmine of killer apps, platforms and wearables — and showcase what drives this 330B global market. WedTech seeks to serve as a blueprint for the future of wedding conferences — all focused on the digitally engaged millennial couple.
Carolyn Gerin, Co-Founder, WedTech states:
From banks and brands, to VC’s I keep getting the same question: ‘the wedding industry is recession-proof — why didn’t WedTech happen earlier?’ We believe that when most people look at the wedding space they see a big ball of interconnected wire. We see it clearly: 25 or more individual market verticals around which social storytelling, monetization, and innovation can take place. Wedtech developers are addressing these verticals, solving simple problems, and saving people time and money. We planted our flag, and the apps, platforms and thought leaders that drive wedtech are coming to us because now have somewhere to go. These developers are focusing on the digitally engaged millennial couple who do everything ‘in app.’ WedTech Summit loves Maui for our 3rd conference because the entire economy is built around wedding, romance travel, and hospitality. Plus, the Maui Mayors’ Office of Economic Development, Royal Lahaina Resort, and the High Technology Development Corporation backed us from the start — with Aloha spirit.
WedTech Summit (WTS) Maui is the conference that joins the wedding/hospitality industry with hot upcoming Silicon Valley Tech Startups and Brands.
Royal Lahaina Resort on Feb 22 – 23, 2016, network, explore, and learn the trends driving the future of the wedding industry.
WHO WILL ATTEND
Over 350 wedding professionals, hospitality companies, wedpros, tech startups, app and platform founders, brands, investors, and businesses will convene in the wedding paradise of the Pacific.
• Two days of action packed panels, hands on workshops, and networking at the stunning Royal Lahaina Resort
• Inspir-action! Trends, workshops on tricks and tools to run your business better, and power networking with future partners and media.
• Sponsors and Partners — Notable attending brands/startups for partnerships include: Virgin America, Wedding Reality, Aisle Planner, Menguin Tux, HoneyBook, AllSeated, Fleetwoods on Front, Tint and more.
• Rachel Hollis – Founder of Chic Media – founder of the popular lifestyle blog http://www.thechicsite.com and Los Angeles-based event-planning firm, Chic Events producing for Hollywood’s elite: including Bradley Cooper, Rashida Jones, Al Gore, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Ivanka Trump, Jamie King, and Cuba Gooding Jr.
• Ian McFarland – Founder of Neo Innovation – involved from the early days of Agile development and early practitioner of Lean Startup, collaborator with Eric Ries, and one of the founders of the Lean UX and Balanced Team movements. Ian is Founder & Chairman of Neo Innovation.
• Harmony Walton – Founder of The Bridal Bar – Harmony Walton, the founder of The Bridal Bar, host of Bridal Bar Radio, and brand representation in the luxury wedding industry. The Bridal Bar has been featured in 100+ media outlets, including The Associated Press, The New Yorker, The New York Times, Entertainment Tonight, Town and Country Weddings, People Magazine, Martha Stewart Weddings, Us Weekly.
• See the Full Agenda & Announced Speakers
Win a Wedding in the #WillYouMauiMe Campaign courtesy of WedTech Summit and Virgin America
Says Elisa Camahort Page, Co-Founder BlogHer/Sr. VP of Community Content and Events SheKnows Media:
I am an advisor to San Francisco's WedTech Summit, the baby of two highly profitable parents: 'Wedding' and 'Technology.' Co-Founder Carolyn Gerin sees the platform and conference as the first-to-market, deal-making environment for building the connections to reach digitally engaged wedding consumers and companies. "As the top online lifestyle network, SheKnows Media has an interest at being anywhere that sits at the intersection of technology, the Internet, and women's lives, making WedTech an excellent and relevant event partner for us. — Huffington Post
Says Randi Zuckerberg, Dot Complicated:
— Millennials want to take their needs online. Weddings need to adapt to that @wedtechsummit
—Weddings are a traditional industry and is on of the last industries to meld tech into it @wedtechsummit
— We’re Ground Zero for same-sex marriage. It’s going to open the wedtech marketplace in a huge way @wedtechsummit — Twitter Posts
Says Andre Bourque, Editor Emeritus, Technorati
Today's digitally engaged couple lives on their mobile devices, and social media. They care about what's trending, what their friends think, and they want an app to handle the brutality of planning, vetting, and choosing anything and everything around a wedding. They'd hire a robot if they could. Pretty soon, they'll be able to. — Huffington Post
# # #
ABOUT WEDTECH SUMMIT
WedTech Summit conferences + community highlights the breaking apps, platforms, brands and Innovations driving the 330B wedding industry. WedTech provides the access point to the wed-market by uniting innovative wed pros, brands, influencers, platforms, founders, media, technologies and startups pivoting the space — all in a deal making environment — focused on the digitally engaged couple. Royal Lahaina Resort. http://www.wedtechsummit.com
TEAM Carolyn Gerin: Co-Founder, Michael Cole: Co-Founder, Scott Johnson: Partner-Hawaii Team, Sean Michael Hower: Partner-Hawaii Team, Tambara Garrick: Maui Wedding Association and Hawaii Team, Kay Raymond, Partner-VP Biz Wed.
WedTech Summit is located in Maui, Hawaii with the founding team in San Francisco, CA