Ottawa, Canada (PRWEB) February 11, 2016
Mxi® Technologies, the global leader in aviation maintenance management software solutions, today announced that 2015 delivered strong results for the Company in terms of global customer footprint expansion, and overall Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) market interest in its Maintenix software solutions.
Key 2015 highlights:
- Eight (8) new customers signed deals across the commercial operator, third-party MRO, commercial OEM and defense segments, including Southwest Airlines, HAECO, Cape Air, Mesa Airlines, KLM UK Engineering and Myanmar National Airlines
- Collectively, these deals represent a total mixed fleet addition of more than 1,000 aircraft to Maintenix’ expanding global asset footprint
- The Company’s new MRO Edition software witnessed its first three (3) customer engagements at third-party MRO organizations in Asia, Europe and the United States
- A strategic field partnership with CAVOK was expanded on several customer deployments in response to growing demand for both products and services support
- Mxi’s Professional Services team was ranked among Service Performance Insights (SPI)’s Top Ten “Best-of-the-Best” professional services organizations worldwide, grading firms based on leadership, client relationships, human capital alignment, service execution and financials
To accommodate its expanding operations, the Company moved in October into its new 45,000+ square foot corporate headquarters in Ottawa, Canada, complete with a more flexible, “agile” working environment featuring first-class collaborative workspaces that are used by many of the leading software innovators around the globe.
“2015 was an impressive year, thanks in large part to the contributions of our global customers and partners. Beyond operational growth metrics, we are especially proud of how strong and vibrant the global Maintenix community continues to be, working closely with Mxi staff in the spirit of driving performance best practices for the aviation maintenance industry at large,” said Bill Cavitt, President and CEO of Mxi Technologies. “Fostering these invaluable relationships, together with growing interest in the breadth and depth of our solutions across both the civil and defense markets, positions us well for 2016.”
According to an October 2015 report from Oliver Wyman, the global aviation MRO market is forecasted to top $100 billion by 2025, a 4.1% average annual growth rate. In a corresponding annual survey, respondents indicated that latest advances in maintenance management software – including predictive and mobile maintenance – are among the most critical technologies to supporting this long-term market expansion.
“By leveraging the power of Maintenix, our customers are improving their maintenance practices and compliance. They are simultaneously increasing their access to real time robust data, which in turn is increasing their ability to make more effective decisions and proactively manage change,” added Cavitt.
About Mxi Technologies:
Mxi Technologies is a leading provider of integrated and intelligent maintenance management software, support and services catering specifically to the global aviation industry, including commercial and defense operators, third-party MROs, and OEM aftermarket service providers. Mxi Technologies’ suite of Maintenix® software is uniquely designed to help aviation organizations maximize the revenue potential of their aviation assets through standard, lean, and predictable maintenance. Featuring a modern, Web-based and mobile-enabled architecture, the Maintenix suite delivers advanced capabilities such as controlled workflow, automated maintenance and materials planning, point-of-maintenance access to real-time information, and paperless execution and compliance. Mxi’s global footprint of customers range from emerging, small to midsized organizations to the largest global enterprises, with single to multi-site deployments that scale as high as 6,000 users in a single instance. For more information, visit us at http://www.mxi.com.