Chicago, IL (PRWEB) February 11, 2016
G2 Crowd, the world’s leading business software review platform, today released the Winter PLM Software Grid report to help businesses make the best PLM technology decision. Autodesk Vault, Autodesk PLM 360, and PTC Windchill were named Leaders in the report, receiving strong customer satisfaction scores with a large market presence. Omnify Empower PLM and Arena PLM were named High Performers in the report, earning strong customer satisfaction marks with smaller market presence scores. Omnify Empower PLM earned the highest overall satisfaction score while Siemens Teamcenter earned the highest overall market presence score.
The Grid leverages customer satisfaction data reported by authenticated users along with vendor market presence determined from social and public data. Based on a combination of these scores, each software solution is categorized as a Leader, High Performer, Contender, or Niche.
- CAD integrations key — Users repeatedly mentioned the importance of PLM products integrating seamlessly with CAD software. Anecdotally, users typically were more pleased with integrations between PLM and CAD products with the same vendor than of integrations between PLM software and third-party CAD software.
- Setup struggles — Many users wrote that they had struggles with long, complicated setup processes during PLM implementations. Ease of setup received the lowest satisfaction rating of any category at 73 percent.
- Configurability vs. ease of use — Configurability and ease of use were key talking points in short-answer responses. For administrators and power users, configurability and flexibility were important. However, the PLM products which users remarked as configurable were also typically the same products that users thought were not user friendly.
About the PLM Software Grid report:
- The report is based on more than 150 reviews written by business professionals.
- Of the roughly 20 products listed in G2 Crowd’s PLM category, the ranked products each received ten or more reviews to qualify for inclusion on the Grid.
About G2 Crowd, Inc.
G2 Crowd, the world’s leading business software review platform, leverages more than 60,000 user reviews to drive better purchasing decisions. Technology buyers, investors, and analysts use the site to compare and select the best software based on peer reviews and synthesized social data. Co-founded by the founder and former executives from SaaS leader BigMachines and backed by roughly $12 million in capital, G2 Crowd aims to bring authenticity and transparency to business technology research. For more information, go to G2Crowd.com.