Boston, MA (PRWEB) February 11, 2016
On Thursday, Feb. 11, 2016, Greenberg Traurig LLP’s Global Life Sciences & Medical Technology Group hosted its third MedTech Partnering Day from 8:30 a.m. – 2 p.m. at the Genzyme Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Hosted by Sanofi, the event explored the convergence of biotech and medical devices and highlighted Sanofi’s medical devices for drug delivery. MedTech Partnering Day connects some of New England’s most innovative emerging medtech companies with strategic partners to maximize opportunities for collaboration, new business development, and market expansion. The program, supported by MassMEDIC, MassBio, and LB Ventures, included:
- Panel discussion focused on innovation
- Company presentation from representatives of Sanofi
- Keynote addresses by Thomas Sommer, President of MassMEDIC, and Robert Coughlin, President & CEO of MassBio
- One-on-one meetings between the strategic partners and early stage companies
- Networking opportunities throughout the day
This event gathered 150 innovators and leaders from across the medical device and technology industries and featured the following Greenberg Traurig attorneys:
- David J. Dykeman, Boston patent attorney and shareholder, co-chair of the firm’s Life Sciences & Medical Technology Group and co-chair of the firm’s Intellectual Property (IP) Group in Boston.
- Frank Martire, a New York shareholder in the firm’s Corporate & Securities Group.
Greenberg Traurig’s prior MedTech Partnering Days featured representatives from Boston Scientific, Johnson & Johnson, Medtronic, and ZOLL Medical Corporation as well as a range of early-stage companies from seven different states and Canada, who met with company executives.
About Greenberg Traurig’s Life Sciences & Medical Technology Group
Greenberg Traurig’s Life Sciences & Medical Technology Group advises clients ranging from startups to large multinational public companies to leading research institutions. The group’s attorneys work closely with clients, providing innovative legal counsel to help them achieve their objectives – from discovery through commercialization and product marketing.
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP
Greenberg Traurig, LLP is an international, multi-practice law firm with approximately 1,900 attorneys serving clients from 38 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. The firm is No. 1 on the 2015 Law360 Most Charitable Firms list, third largest in the U.S. on the 2015 Law360 400, Top 20 on the 2015 Am Law Global 100, and among the 2015 BTI Brand Elite. More information at: http://www.gtlaw.com.