Chicago (PRWEB) February 16, 2016
G2 Crowd, the world’s leading business software review platform, today released the Winter 2016 Infrastructure as a Service Software Grid report to help businesses make the best IaaS technology decision. Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, and Microsoft Azure were named Leaders in the report, receiving strong customer satisfaction scores with a large market presence. Amazon S3 earned the highest overall satisfaction score, while Microsoft Azure and Amazon S3 earned the highest overall market presence scores.
The Grid leverages customer satisfaction data reported by authenticated users along with vendor market presence determined from social and public data. Based on a combination of these scores, each software solution is categorized as a Leader, High Performer, Contender, or Niche.
- Service Matters - The availability of product support services play a role in many users’ decisions when determining overall satisfaction. Users appreciate assistance when setting up automated tasks, implementing IaaS solutions for the first time, and troubleshooting technical issues.
- Difficult Dashboards - Across the board, every IaaS product received complaints about user interfaces that are difficult to navigate and hard to understand. Admin panels and dashboards are a common complaint when reviewers need to perform unfamiliar functions.
- Feature Offerings - Product feature offerings in this category tend to vary greatly from product to product. In fact, several open source tools in the category are designed to work in conjunction with other IaaS products, forming hybrid solutions. IaaS users understand this pattern and appreciate both best-of-breed and suite solutions alike.
About the Infrastructure as a Service Software Grid report:
- The report is based on more than 340 reviews written by business professionals.
- Of the roughly 45 products listed in G2 Crowd’s IaaS category, the ranked products each received ten or more reviews to qualify for inclusion on the Grid.
About G2 Crowd, Inc.
G2 Crowd, the world’s leading business software review platform, leverages more than 60,000 user reviews to drive better purchasing decisions. Technology buyers, investors, and analysts use the site to compare and select the best software based on peer reviews and synthesized social data. Monthly more than a half-million people visit G2 Crowd’s site. Co-founded by the founder and former executives from SaaS leader BigMachines and backed by roughly $12 million in capital, G2 Crowd aims to bring authenticity and transparency to business technology research. For more information, go to G2Crowd.com.