We know that advisors have incredible choices—we want to make sure they choose IMCA.
Denver, CO (PRWEB) February 17, 2016
Investment Management Consultants Association® (IMCA®) announced today several initiatives designed to enhance the IMCA conference experience for attendees and further differentiate its events from other educational opportunities. IMCA’s conference strategy is focused on:
1. Hybrid content delivery. The latest component of IMCA’s conference strategy, hybrid content delivery is a value-added opportunity for conference attendees. Starting with the IMCA 2016 Investment Consultants Conference held in February, conference attendees may earn additional post-conference continuing education (CE) by watching video recordings (with slides) of sessions they weren’t able to attend live at the conference.
2. Peer-directed content. IMCA has traditionally never allowed “pay-to-play” sponsored presentations. Conference programs are developed by practitioners for their peers and all presenters are selected on their merit. Presenters from product or service companies may speak on IMCA programs only if their presentation is objective, non-commercial, and chosen by volunteers. No IMCA conference sponsorship or partnership includes an option to place a presenter on stage.
3. Leading-edge technology. IMCA consistently has updated its conference technology to enhance the attendee experience. Major conferences feature an interactive mobile app, RFID technology for CE-reporting purposes, and the option to e-mail questions for speakers to the session moderator. New for 2016, IMCA plans to showcase the conference Twitter feed (conference hashtag: #IMCA16) between sessions, and test a live polling feature in the conference app at the IMCA 2016 Annual Conference—ACE, April 17–20 in Orlando.
4. Completely CE-approved sessions. Content presented at IMCA conferences is always accepted for CIMA® and CPWA® CE credit, and most sessions qualify for CFP® CE credit as well. IMCA conference sessions cover wide-ranging relevant investment and wealth management topics with no fluff.
5. VIP treatment. Also new in 2016, IMCA’s major conferences will feature exclusive meet-and-greet receptions with keynote speakers, including Nobel Prize-winner Alvin Roth and former U.S. Secretary of Commerce Carlos Gutierrez.
6. Bring-a-friend discount options. Attendees who bring a colleague or peer to an IMCA conference can do so at a preferred price—for any IMCA conference. Discounted pricing is also in place for first-time IMCA conference attendees.
7. Money-back guarantee. Few conference organizers stand behind their product the way IMCA does: It offers a money-back satisfaction guarantee on all its conferences.
“With countless conferences and online education options available to today’s investment advisors and wealth managers, it can be difficult to determine which programs provide real value,” said Ian MacKenzie, IMCA’s chief operating officer. “IMCA has an established reputation of delivering the most relevant, high-quality investment and wealth management content. We have no beginners’ tracks at our events—only high-level, leading speakers and concepts. These added enhancements to our strategy up the ante on our educational offerings, further distinguishing our conferences and cementing IMCA as the industry’s advanced education leader. We know that advisors have incredible choices—we want to make sure they choose IMCA.”
Contact: Ryan Hoffman, Communications Director. P: 303.850.3079 E-mail: rhoffman(at)imca.org. Twitter: @IMCA
Established in 1985, Investment Management Consultants Association® (IMCA®) is a nonprofit professional association and credentialing organization with more than 10,000 individual members and certificants worldwide. IMCA members collectively manage more than $2.477 trillion, providing investment consulting and wealth management services to individual and institutional clients. Since 1988, IMCA has offered the Certified Investment Management Analyst® (CIMA®) certification, which earned accreditation by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) in April 2011, making it the first financial services credential in the United States to meet international standards (ISO 17024) for personnel certification. IMCA’s Certified Private Wealth Advisor® (CPWA®) certification is suited for wealth management professionals working with high-net-worth clients. In 2015, IMCA conferences and workshops hosted more than 4,000 attendees.
IMCA® and Investment Management Consultants Association® are registered trademarks of Investment Management Consultants Association Inc. CIMA®, Certified Investment Management Analyst®, CIMC®, CPWA®, and Certified Private Wealth Advisor® are registered certification marks of Investment Management Consultants Association Inc. Investment Management Consultants Association Inc. does not discriminate in educational opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.