Chicago, IL (PRWEB) February 19, 2016
BlackDoctor.org (BDO), the leading online health destination for African Americans, and the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Disparities Solutions have announced the highly anticipated list of distinguished honorees for the 3rd Annual Top Blacks in Healthcare Awards Gala. This celebration of service and commitment will take place on Thursday, April 21, 2016 from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the Four Seasons Hotel in Baltimore, MD.
Now in its third year, the awards gala will honor and recognize 24 individuals who have made outstanding contributions to medicine and health. These highly esteemed and accomplished individuals not only maintain a demanding work/life balance, but they are also progressively moving their communities forward.
“Hard work pays off. These individual have dedicated their careers to ensure that everyone has access to quality healthcare. As a result of their extraordinary accomplishments, they’ve reached the highest plateau, the Top Blacks in Healthcare. BlackDoctor.org along with Johns Hopkins Center of Health Disparities Solutions is honored to recognize these individuals for their hard work and to celebrate their successes," said Reggie Ware, President and CEO of BlackDoctor.org.
The 2016 honorees were identified and selected by alumni from the 2014 and 2015 Top Blacks in Healthcare award recipients as well as key individuals from partner organizations such as the National Medical Association, Johns Hopkins University and the American Hospital Assocation.
BlackDoctor.org salutes this extraordinary list of black healthcare professionals named as the “BlackDoctor.org Top Blacks in Healthcare” 2016 award recipients:
- Kimberly Aldridge, Ph. D, Senior Director, Global Oncology Marketing, Eli Lilly (Bridgewater, NJ)
- Ruth Brinkley, RN, FACHE, President & Chief Executive Officer, KentuckyOne Health & Senior Vice President for Catholic Health Initiatives (Louisville, KY)
- George J. Brown, M.D., FACP, President & Chief Executive Officer, Legacy Health (Portland, OR)
- Alan Butcher, Senior Vice President, Head of Licensing & Business Development, Purdue Pharma L.P. (Stamford, CT)
- Marsha E. Butler, DDS, Vice President, Global Professional Relations, Colgate-Palmolive Company (New York, NY)
- Honorable Donna Christensen, M.D, Retired Member of U.S. Congress, U.S. Virgin Islands (Washington, DC)
- Reginald W. Coopwood, MD, President & Chief Executive Officer, Regional One Health (Memphis, TN)
- Hazel D. Dean, ScD, DrPH (Hon), FACE, Deputy Director, National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, U.S. Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) (Atlanta, GA)
- M. Joycelyn Elders. M.D., 15th Surgeon General of the United States (Washington,DC)
- Sean Gallimore, B.A., M.B.A, Corporate Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer, PAREXEL (Waltham, MA)
- Michelle J. Gaskill, RN, BSN, MHA, President, Advocate Trinity Hospital (Chicago, IL)
- Shirell A. Gross, Esq., Vice President & Chief Legal Counsel Radiology, Bayer Corporation (Whippany, NJ)
- Walter S. Harris, MBA, PMP, Deputy Commissioner for Operations & Chief Operating Officer, Food & Drug
Administration (FDA) (Silver Spring, MD)
- LaMar Hasbrouck, M.D., MPH, Executive Director, National Association of County & City Health Officials (NACCHO) (Washington, DC)
- James E.K. Hildreth, Ph.D., M.D., President & Chief Executive Officer, Meharry Medical College (Nashville, TN)
- Frederick D. Hobby, Former President & Chief Executive Officer, Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- Reginald R. Mebane, MS, Senior Executive Service (SES), Office of Equal Employment Opportunity, U.S. Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) (Atlanta, GA)
- Hugh E. Mighty, M.D., M.B.A., FACOG, Dean, Howard University College of Medicine & Vice President of Clinical Affairs, (Washington, DC)
- Edwin J. Nichols, Ph.D, Director, Nichols & Associates, Inc. (Washington, DC)
- Bob Oliver, President & Chief Operating Officer, Otsuka America Inc. (Philadelphia, PA)
- Rhonda Peebles, Executive Director of Marketing, Head of Dermatology, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation (East Hanover, NJ)
- Gary Puckerin, PhD, President & Chief Executive Officer, National Minority Quality Forum (Washington, DC)
- Dennis W. Pullin, FACHE, President, MedStar Harbor Hospital and Senior Vice President, MedStar Health (Baltimore, MD)
- Pamela Sutton-Wallace, MPH, Chief Executive Officer, University of Virginia Medical Center (Charlottesville, VA)
Silver Sponsor-level companies for the 2016 event are Bayer Corporation and Novartis. Additional sponsors include Colgate-Palmolive Company, KentuckyOne Health, Purdue Pharma L.P., American Hospital Association and Mercy Health Foundation.
Award recipients will be featured on the BlackDoctor.org website, its Facebook page and other related media in celebration of Black History Month. Currently, BlackDoctor.org has a total monthly audience reach of more than 24 million visitors.
Executive Editor, Sandria Washington stated, “Something magical happens when we recognize these outstanding role models who look like our audience. Not only does it show there are people on the front lines concerned about us, it also encourages people to excel in their own career endeavors and dreams.”
BlackDoctor.org and the John Hopkins Center for Health Disparities Solutions began their partnership in 2013. Both organizations utilize their broad outreach to African American communities to provide health education and information with the goal of reducing healthcare disparities among racial/ethnic groups.
# # #
BlackDoctor.org (BDO) is the world's most comprehensive online health resource for black consumers. With a monthly total audience reach of 24 million, BDO is the leading producer of targeted, culturally and clinically accurate health and editorial content on African Americans. BDO's users appreciate receiving health information in an environment they trust and in a language and context they understand. BDO also boasts the largest online database of black physicians and dentists as part of its free doctor search tool, and a medical expert panel including many of the most respected and accomplished experts in their field. Learn more about BlackDoctor.org at http://www.BlackDoctor.org and follow us on Twitter @BlackDoctor, and Facebook at facebook.com/BlackDoctor.org.
About Johns Hopkins Center for Health Disparities Solutions
The Hopkins Center for Health Disparities Solutions (HCHDS) was established in October 2002 and brings together the health research and program development resources of the Johns Hopkins Medical Institutes (Schools of Public Health, Medicine, and Nursing) to demonstrate the efficacy of public health, social science and medical science in mitigating health disparities. HCHDS does this through efforts in research, training and community outreach. The Center has a national focus, but much of its work takes place in the local Baltimore community. The HCHDS is designated as a National Comprehensive Center of Excellence in Health Disparities by the NIMHD of the National Institutes of Health.