This year's conference will provide delegates with national updates on space and MilSatCom programmes and how the development of these programmes is satisfying current critical regional requirements - SMi Group
Singapore (PRWEB UK) 23 February 2016
Space is becoming more apart of modern and political warfare and the current climate is rapidly evolving in Asia-Pacific. Japan have recently changed their overall defence policy and Malaysia and India are developing their national space programmes.
With all the changes taking place, this year's conference will provide delegates with national updates on space and MilSatCom programmes and how the development of these programmes is satisfying current critical regional requirements.
MilSatCom Asia-Pacific will prove to be a critical conference that will allow for greater regional collaboration to both combat external threats but also enhance disaster response with effective use of regional space assets.
For further information or to register please visit the event website http://www.milsatcomasia.com/prweb or contact James Hitchen on +44 (0) 207 827 6054 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2016 SPEAKER LINE UP:
CHAIRMAN: Gregg Daffner, CEO, GapSat and Asian Attaché, Global VSAT Forum
CONFERENCE SPEAKERS INCLUDE:
- Commodore David Greaves, Commander Defence Strategic Communications, Chief Information Officer Group, Australian Defence Force
- Colonel James Bortee, Chief of 607th Air & Space Operations Center, Osan Air Base, US Air Force
- Lieutenant Colonel Ilime Ibrahim, Programme Manager, Ministry of Defence Malaysia
- Lieutenant Commander Bill Blick, J6 Headquarters Joint Forces New Zealand, New Zealand Defence Force
- Brigadier General (Ret’d) Nicolas Ojeda, Deputy Executive Director, Information and Communications Technology Office (ICT Office) Philippines
- Thomas van der Heyden, Senior Programme Advisor, SatKomHan Programme Office, Ministry of Defense of the Republic of Indonesia
- Shirish Ravan, Head, UN-SPIDER Beijing Office, United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs (UN-OOSA)
- Wisit Atipayakoon, Programme Officer, Regional Office for Asia-Pacific, International Telecommunication Union
- Dr Sang-Ryool Lee, Director of GEO-KOMPSAT-2 Programme Office, Korea Aerospace Research Institute
To view the full agenda break down with the speakers and their topics please visit the event website http://www.milsatcomasia.com/prweb
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING:
- Hear from regional militaries on current and future MilSatCom requirements and how these are being satisfied
- Discuss the level of regional collaboration and how this can be effectively integrated
- Learn how satellites capabilities are being optimised for emergency communications and disaster response
- Understand the strategic role of the US in Asia-Pacific and how regional SatCom engagement helps satisfy overall goals
Delegates will also get the opportunity to take part in two pre-conference workshops.
Workshop A: ‘Global Government Payload Exploration for Asia-Pacific’
Hosted by: Rich Pang, Hosted Payload Alliance
Workshop B: ‘Bespoke System Solutions for Maritime MILSATCOM Applications’
Hosted by: Wes Schenck, Technical Sales and Special Projects Manager, Cobham SATCOM
To register or for further information about the workshop/leader, visit the event website http://www.milsatcomasia.com/prweb
There is currently an early bird offer available; book by 29th of February to save S$800 off the conference price.
MilSatCom Asia-Pacific is sponsored by Airbus Defence and Space, Eutelsat and O3b Networks.
For sponsorship enquiries, contact Alia Malick on +44 (0) 207 827 6168 or amalick(at)smi-online(dot)co(dot)uk
For delegate enquiries, contact James Hitchen on +44 (0) 207 827 6054 or jhitchen(at)smi-online(dot)co(dot)uk
For media enquiries, contact Anna Serazetdinova on +44 (0) 207 827 6180 or aserazetdinova(at)smi-online(dot)co(dot)uk
26-27 May 2016
Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel Singapore
Contact e-mail: aserazetdinova(at)smi-online(dot)co(dot)uk
Contact tel: +44 (0) 207 827 6054
#MilSatComAsia | @SMimilsatcom
About SMi Group: Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk