Washington, DC (PRWEB) February 23, 2016
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS), is pleased to announce publication of the latest report in AIS’s Management Insight Series, How High-Performance Pharmacy Networks Can Improve Outcomes: A Case Study of SCAN Health Plan and Express Scripts. The report offers an inside look at the Quality Network Program, a partnership between Medicare Advantage (MA) insurer SCAN Health Plan and pharmacy benefit manager Express Scripts, which has been successful in reducing high-risk medication use and improving compliance with diabetes treatment guidelines.
The new report explains how the Quality Network Program is achieving such impressive results, and outlines steps other health plans should take to create a pay-for-performance pharmacy network. It details:
- How SCAN and Express Scripts selected the pharmacies for the Quality Network Program.
- Which data Express Scripts shares with the pharmacies to aid their efforts and what obstacles it has encountered.
- How SCAN and Express Scripts selected the measures to focus on to assess the pharmacies’ performance.
- How an initiative like the Quality Network Program could affect MA plans’ star ratings in the future.
- How the pharmacies have fared so far on the chosen performance measures, and how many of the gains are due to the sentinel effect alone.
- The financial benefits participating pharmacies stand to gain.
- How the Quality Network Program might change in the future, and how it may differ when Express Scripts uses the concept with other insurers.
For more information on How High-Performance Pharmacy Networks Can Improve Outcomes: A Case Study of SCAN Health Plan and Express Scripts, including a full table of contents, visit https://aishealth.com/marketplace/high-performance-pharmacy-networks.
AIS’s Management Insight Series is designed to provide practical solutions to complex business challenges with the help of the industry’s most insightful advisors and managers. See a full list of titles in this series at http://aishealth.com/marketplace/insight-series.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for nearly 30 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals and health systems, health insurance companies, medical group practices, purchasers of health insurance, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, databases, websites, looseleafs, strategic reports, directories, webinars and virtual conferences.