(PRWEB) February 24, 2016
SuperOffice, Europe’s leading Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software provider, finds that 1 in 3 companies do not respond to customer service emails, according to a new study.
Industry research indicates that while 80% of businesses believe they provide excellent customer service, in fact only 8% of their customers experience excellent service. SuperOffice wanted to find out if these numbers were correct and so they conducted their own customer service performance analysis of 250 companies, both large and small organizations, around the world.
SuperOffice sent an email template to each company with two questions and scored results on how fast the companies responded, the support content, quality and tone of the response.
Before the study, SuperOffice hypothesized that most companies would deliver great service, smaller companies would manage service better than larger ones and all companies would respond quickly to customer service requests.
Here are the key findings from the study:
- 32 percent of companies do not respond to customer service emails
- 66 percent of companies do not acknowledge or inform the customer that an email has been received
- 92 percent of companies do not follow up with customers to see if they are satisfied with the response
- Only one in five (22 percent) companies are able to answer questions in the first reply
- Average response time to handle a customer service request is 17 hours and 28 minutes
- Sweden, Denmark and Estonia ranked the highest in customer service quality
Read more about the survey and detailed findings here.
Driven by a passion for customer relationship management, SuperOffice is one of Europe’s leading suppliers of CRM solutions to the business to business market. Our software supports the individual user in achieving stronger sales, marketing and customer service productivity.