“Lynn’s specific expertise and industry knowledge add a complementary dimension and depth to the custom solutions we offer our clients ...” - Steve Hake, president and CEO of Stambaugh Ness
York, PA (PRWEB) March 07, 2016
Stambaugh Ness, P.C. CPAs/Business & Technology Advisors (SN) today announced that Lynn Knepp, former CFO at Gannett Fleming, has joined SN’s Advisory Team. This positions SN to provide deeper Architectural and Engineering (AE) CFO Advisory services, such as managing financial infrastructure, assisting with preparing for bank financing, financial and operational improvement planning, merger and acquisition planning, and other outsourced CFO services.
During his tenure at Gannett Fleming, Knepp served as Controller, CFO, Stockholder, and Director. He has led many notable accomplishments including:
- Implementation of the S corporation election for the parent holding company with most of the subsidiary companies becoming qualified S Corporation Subsidiaries (Q-subs)
- Helping to drive the company conversion from a defined benefit retirement plan to a defined contribution 401(k)-type plan
- The creation and management of several incentive bonus plans for key employees
- Implementation of the first firm-wide ERP system
- Multi-year negotiation of banking relationships
- Assistance with negotiating acquisitions
- Representation of Gannett on the board of NorthStar, the captive insurance company
- Implementation of the company’s self-insured health insurance plan
"Stambaugh Ness is excited about our affiliation with Lynn Knepp, and we believe it strengthens our ongoing commitment to provide the best talent to our AE customers,” commented Scott Hursh, CPA, managing principal of the AE Group at Stambaugh Ness. "Our firm is dedicated to leading AE firms through their challenges, and we believe Lynn’s experience deepens our ability to be responsive to the marketplace. Lynn’s counsel and CFO advisory leadership will be a tremendous resource for SN’s AE customers."
Steven Hake, president and CEO of Stambaugh Ness, said Knepp’s appointment to this new position strengthens the Firm’s strategy to become top-of-mind with AE firms who want to flourish and grow their profitability. “Lynn’s specific expertise and industry knowledge add a complementary dimension and depth to the custom solutions we offer our clients to help them find opportunities, win business, deliver projects, and manage their organizations.”
"I’m very excited to be affiliated with Stambaugh Ness and its AE Group,” said Lynn Knepp. “Having the opportunity to pay forward my Gannett Fleming experiences and industry knowledge will be very fulfilling.”
About Stambaugh Ness, PC
Stambaugh Ness, PC, headquartered in York, PA, focuses on the AE Industry, serving over 800 AE customers in over 40 states. The firm is an independent member of the BDO Alliance USA, a nationwide association of independently owned local and regional accounting, consulting and service firms with similar client service goals.
About Gannett Fleming
Gannett Fleming, headquartered in Camp Hill, PA, is a global infrastructure firm that provides planning, design, technology, and construction management services to a diverse range of markets and disciplines.