Tallmadge, OH (PRWEB) March 03, 2016
Summit Racing now carries Derale's PWM Electric Fan Controller. The PWM constantly adjusts fan speed to maintain the selected engine temperature—the controller’s Soft Start technology continuously monitors engine temperature and runs the fans at the optimum speed. It ramps up the fans slowly, which eliminates harmful amperage spikes and reduces electric motor wear. In fact, Derale says fans often only run between 40-60% of capacity with the PWM.
PWM Controller Features
- Adjustable temperature setting between 160° and 210° F
- Controls fan(s) speed from 0-100%
- Constantly adjusts fan speed to maintain the desired temperature
- Controls multiple electric fans up to 65 amps combined capacity
- Includes automatic reset circuit breaker
- Built-in air conditioning override circuit
- Finned aluminum control box
The Derale PWM Electric Fan Controller unit works with single or dual electric fans and comes with a push-in radiator temperature probe and all necessary wiring and installation hardware. A Derale temperature probe adapter (DER-16737) can be used to locate the probe directly in a 3/8 inch NPT engine block water jacket port. This will give the controller a very accurate temperature reading.
This video shows how the PWM Electric Fan Controller operates.
Summit Racing Equipment