Professional Physical Therapy Acquires Wilutis Hand Therapy and Advanced Hand Therapy

Share Article

Enhanced Hand and Occupational Therapy Services Expand Offerings

Teaming up with the best in rehabilitation and affording our patients access to new services and new locations is a continuation of our commitment to providing exceptional patient experiences.

Professional Physical Therapy (“Professional”), a Great Point Partners I, L.P. Portfolio Company, has acquired Wilutis Hand Therapy and Advanced Hand Therapy, leaders in the fields of hand therapy and occupational therapy. Providing the most convenient and highest quality care to its patients, Professional is augmenting its services to include occupational therapists and enhancing its hand therapy services. With these two acquisitions, Professional adds six locations on Long Island, now totaling 67 facilities throughout New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut.The additional offices are located on Long Island in Nassau County (Cedarhurst and Rockville Centre) and Suffolk County (Medford, Port Jefferson, Riverhead and Southampton).

“Professional is thrilled to have two giants in the field of occupational therapy — Wilutis Hand Therapy and Advanced Hand Therapy — join our family,” said Timothy Mauro (MS PT), Partner and Vice President of Clinical Operations for Long Island and Queens. “Partnering with these renowned industry leaders affords Professional the opportunity to both enrich our hand therapy services and expand our geographical reach on Long Island to better meet the needs of our patients.”

“We are excited for the opportunity to become part of Professional Physical Therapy,” said Richard Scalise, owner of Advanced Hand Therapy. “Teaming up with the best in rehabilitation and affording our patients access to new services and new locations is a continuation of our commitment to providing exceptional patient experiences.”

“As leaders in hand and occupational therapy, we sought to join an organization with the same dedication to its patients and exceptional treatment outcomes,” said Robert S. Wilutis, owner of Wilutis Hand Therapy. “I was impressed when Professional Physical Therapy was recognized as one of the top three physical therapy providers in the nation, so joining this award-winning company not only ensures the continuation of our promise to be the best in the industry, but also provides us the opportunity to provide hand therapy services across the entire Tri-State area.”

Unifying the two most prominent Occupational Therapy (OT) practices on Long Island is the most unique transaction Professional has completed to date. Over 80% of all Certified Hand Therapists (CHTs) are OTs, with the other 20% being Physical Therapists. Adam Elberg, President and CEO of Professional added, “Partnering with Robert Wilutis and Richard Scalise enables us to dramatically broaden the hand therapy product offerings across the entire company. The growth potential as a result of these latest acquisitions is very exciting and will be a tremendous value to all of the communities we serve”.

Professional Orthopedic and Sports Physical Therapy (“Professional”), headquartered in Uniondale, New York, is an award-winning, leading provider of physical therapy and rehabilitation services in the New York metropolitan area, New Jersey and Connecticut. Founded in 1998, Professional now operates 67 outpatient physical therapy centers: 12 located within Equinox Fitness Centers, five located in Blink Fitness facilities, one located in a STACK Sports Performance Center, and 49 standalone. The company’s outpatient physical therapy centers provide treatment to patients suffering from musculoskeletal impairments associated with orthopedic and sports injuries and other medical conditions. Additionally, Professional operates a 20,000 square foot sports performance training facility in Garden City, New York.

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Eva Brandl
Follow >
Professional Physical Therapy
since: 02/2011
Like >
Professional Physical Therapy

Visit website