Ingleside, IL (PRWEB) March 02, 2016
Responding to growing demand for full life-cycle, cloud-based account management software among security alarm dealers, Cornerstone Billing Solutions today announced the release of a major upgrade to its online software platform. “Version 39” includes a new quotes module, a simpler mobile-optimized interface for technicians, more streamlined workflow features, an inventory dashboard, and several other enhancements. Dealers can now manage prospects and customers in the same database, and can manage any customer account for its full life cycle, from installation to ongoing recurring billing and continuing service and support.
Cornerstone offers a comprehensive range of time-saving services, including billing, payment processing, and collections services. An innovator in the cloud’s early days, Cornerstone rolled out its cloud platform to security alarm dealers nationwide more than 15 years ago. Since then, the company has seen firsthand how paper-based methods and disconnected software tools cost dealers time and money. Cornerstone’s ongoing mission is to change this, to eliminate the need for multiple systems to quote, bill, and support security subscribers. Its cloud-based software integrates quotes, job management and billing into a seamless workflow.
“In the security alarm industry we see an interesting paradox,” says Scott MacDougal, founder and owner of Cornerstone Billing Solutions. “We live in the age of the internet-of-things, and security dealers do embrace internet-driven technologies when installing security systems. However, that’s less true when it comes to their company’s workflow management and back office setup. Often, we see a patchwork of software and tools that requires inefficient toggling back and forth among these non-integrated pieces to get the work done,” he said.
Even though many large companies, like Comcast and AT&T, are pushing into the security services business, MacDougal sees a great opportunity for small and medium sized businesses to continue to outpace the growth of their larger competitors. He says, “Small and medium-sized businesses have an opportunity to differentiate their service levels even further by plugging into nimble, integrated management platforms to run efficiently, keep costs down, and still give customers better service.”
Cornerstone provides a cost-effective online platform that does not require customers to purchase or manage software. Specifically, Version 39 enhancements include:
- Ability to quickly create professional-looking quotes from templates. Quotes are directly integrated with service ticket, inventory and work flow modules allowing prospect to customer conversion with a single click
- Inventory dashboard to enable at-a-glance management, including parts tracking, real-time pricing and accurate job-costing.
- Complex job-management features, including tying multiple tickets to a single job, facilitating easy multi-day /multi-tech job management.
- Progress billing, allowing flexible percentage billing for larger jobs, to support integrators that require complex, longer-term job management features.
- Complete workflow, easily managed; no need for separate quoting, inventory management and purchase order management tools. Job management features make it easier for techs to manage service tickets and installation jobs, including the ability to close out work orders at the site, and take immediate payment for the work done.
“Our prior releases have all simplified and improved life for our customers,” stated Jody Schuhart, Cornerstone’s Vice President in charge of software development. “But version 39, with its quotes module and invaluable dashboards, is a giant leap ahead for our company,” she said. “It’s been the culmination of years of hands-on work with our dealers. It offers a practical way to optimize their business.” To learn more, visit http://www.Alarmbills.com.