"This program is designed to be the most intensive and in-depth training program ever developed for doctors or entrepreneurs looking to open a medical spa, or for current medical spa owners who need strategies to improve success and profits,"
Chicago, IL (PRWEB) March 02, 2016
What: How to Successfully Open or Improve Your Medical Spa or Aesthetics Practice
Where: Hilton Palm Beach Airport
When: March 14-15, 2016
Contact: info(at)americanmedspa(dot)org or 312-981-0994
"This program is designed to be the most intensive and in-depth training program ever developed for doctors or entrepreneurs looking to open a medical spa, or for current medical spa owners who need strategies to improve success and profits," says founder and director of AmSpa, Alex Thiersch. "We have the most knowledgeable and dynamic speakers nationwide, all coming together to provide detailed instruction on every aspect of opening and operating an aesthetic medical practice."
Day 1 (Monday, March 14)
8-8:30 am: Breakfast and Registration
8:30-9 am Opening Keynote: Alex R. Thiersch, Founder/Director, AmSpa
9-10 am The Plan | Speaker: Bryan Durocher, Founder, Durocher Enterprises
- How to do market research for your medical spa
- Who is your client?
- What is the competitive landscape of and need for your services in your area?
- How to draft a business plan for a medical spa or a medical aesthetics facility.
- Should you work with a consultant?
- How to obtain capital for your business.
10-10:15 am Break: Morning Break
10:15-11 am The Build | Speaker: Bryan Durocher, Founder, Durocher Enterprises
- How to create a profitable floorplan.
- How to design a profitable retail area.
- What is the ideal business flow for optimum guest experience and retail sales?
- Top 5 tips for a successful expansion/top 5 tips for a successful new build
- How do you find the right architect/builder/decorator to meet your spa's specific needs?
11 am-12 pm The Team | Speaker: Milan Roy, One Source HR and Risk Solutions
- Hiring right
- Commission structures and plans
- Growth opportunities for team members
- Strengths-based hiring
- Employee retention
- Investing in education and your team
- Incentivizing your team.
12-1:15 pm Lunch Sponsored by BTL Aesthetics
1:15 - 3 pm The Books | Curt Rosner, CPA/ABV, CFF, Partner, EisnerAmper LLP
- What is the best corporate structure for your business?
- Best accounting practices
- Common tax write-offs/deductions
- Software must-haves
- Managing overhead—what’s appropriate for various business sizes/structures
- Putting financial metrics and goals into place and following up on them.
3-3:30 pm Break: Afternoon Break
3:30 pm - 5 pm Closing: The Lessons | Louis Frisina, pioneer of Restylane
- What crucial success lessons have you have learned as a medical spa business owner/physician over the years
5-7 pm Cocktail Reception
Day 2 (Tuesday, March 15th)
8-8:30 am-Continental Breakfast
8:30-9 am Opening Keynote
9-10 am The Law—OSHA and HIPAA | Jeffrey L. Cohen and Jacqueline A. Bain, The Florida Health Care Law Firm; Alex R. Thiersch, Founder, AmSpa
OSHA compliance in a medical aesthetics practice.
- 5 steps to attaining OSHA compliance.
- 7 common areas where OSHA will get you.
- What you should do should your OSHA surveyor pay you a visit.
- How to write and teach your workplace safety programs, who should be trained, and what must be kept ongoing.
HIPAA and its application within a medical aesthetic practice
- Common HIPAA liability exposures.
- HITECH Act of 2009 with expanded HIPAA privacy rules in 2013 ... what they mean to you.
- Policies and training needed to be HIPAA compliant
10-10:15 am Morning Break
10:15 am - 12:15 pm: The Law | Jeffrey L. Cohen and Jacqueline A. Bain, The Florida Health Care Law Firm; Alex R. Thiersch, Founder, AmSpa
- Overview of Florida rules and regulations affecting the medical spa, medical aesthetic and laser industries
- Commissions: The fee-splitting conundrum – is it legal? Is Groupon fee-splitting?
- Current hot topic state-specific issues affecting the industry.
- Ownership: Who can own a medical spa? How best to structure a corporation?
- Medical spa supervision and delegation: Must a physician be present and examine every new patient?
- Aestheticians and laser technicians: What they can and cannot do in a medical spa.
- The laws surrounding referrals and gift cards.
12:15 am - 1:30 pm Lunch sponsored by Environ Skin Care/Dermaconcepts
1:30 - 2:30 pm: The Infrastructure | Terri A. Wojak, True U Education, and Candace Noonan, Environ Skin Care/Dermaconcepts
- Working with vendors who will work with you
- What to look for in education and marketing support
- How to look for a new product line
- When to buy vs. when to lease
2:30 pm-2:45 pm: Afternoon break
2:45 - 3:45 pm: The Long-term | Dori Soukup, InSPAration Management
- How to build on initial success
- How to hold strategic planning
- Goal-setting strategies
- Setting measures for success
3:345-5 pm The Launch | Tim Sawyer, Crystal Clear Digital Marketing
- Marketing and cross-marketing
- How to form lucrative partnerships
- How to hold profitable events within a medical spa
- Is advertising worth it?
- How to build momentum within your business
Don't Wait! Only 10 Seats Remain!
Along with this incredible education, attendees also receive a handbook and flash drive to help implement the strategies learned from the event. Meals are also included, as well as a lively cocktail reception featuring delicious appetizers and free cocktails! Also, receive 5.5 Category I CMEs through the free book Risk Management for the Practicing Physician from OJM Group, as well as free access to two other physician-specific titles.
This unparalleled program is limited to 30 attendees and only 10 seats remain...sign up TODAY to ensure a seat. AmSpa members receive an additional $100 discount! Bringing more than one person from your practice? A discount applies for that situation, as well.
This premium-value seminar includes:
- Cutting-edge, executive workshop on operations, marketing, laws, medical spa planning and more!
- Handbook and flash drive on how to open a medical spa.
- Enduring material certified for 5.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CME CreditsTM
- Breakfast and Lunch (both days), and Saturday reception
- Discounted hotel room rate
Only $995--AmSpa members save $100 and those bringing more than one attendee save even more!
Thank you to AmSpa's Exhibitors and Sponsors:
Crystal Clear Digital Marketing
Environ Skin Care/Dermaconcepts
Circadia by Dr. Pugliese
Register today and don't miss out on the highest-quality medical spa training in the industry! Questions or prefer to register via phone? Please contact 312-981-0994 or info(at)americanmedspa(dot)org.