Austin, TX (PRWEB) March 03, 2016
Impact Pediatric Health, the SXSW Interactive pediatric healthcare innovation pitch competition, today announced the 10 startup company finalists who will compete March 14 for a $50,000 prize, and invaluable feedback from a host of industry experts. Sesame Street’s furry blue monster, Grover, will make an appearance alongside Dr. Jordan Shlain at the event. A representative from Sesame Workshop will participate in the panel of judges, along with representatives from the four founding hospitals - Boston Children’s Hospital, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, Texas Children's Hospital, and The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia - and additional supporting hospitals, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, Seattle Children's Hospital and Stanford Children’s Health. For more information, go to http://impactpediatrichealth.com/
Grover’s appearance is in conjunction with Sesame Workshop’s recent announcement of Sesame Ventures, a new initiative to support emerging companies aligned with Sesame’s mission to help kids grow smarter, stronger, and kinder.
The ten finalists represent the best in digital health and medical device innovation focused on the pediatric market and include:
- Babyscripts, the only tool in pregnancy that remote monitors patients using Internet of Things medical devices & connects them to their doctor
- Brain Power, an augmented-reality smart-glass AI system to help children with autism learn self-control, and cognitive & social skills in home & hospital settings.
- Cognoa, provides a child development screening tool based on machine learning algorithms and digital therapeutics for speech, socialization, and sleep.
- Cohero Health, improves respiratory care through smart mobile devices that engage and empower patients by measuring lung function and tracking adherence.
- Dambkowski and Chehab Innovations, its LIFEbubble is a unique, simple device that stabilizes neonatal umbilical catheters and protects the insertion site to ensure security of the lifeline
- Nanofiber Solutions, a new paradigm in patient care with the development of tissue engineered vascular grafts for arteriovenous access for kidney disease.
- Qidza, its BabyNoggin teaches parents assess developmental milestones at home, give them training activities, and connect with experts if needed
- Sense.ly, a mobile-first, virtual healthcare assistant platform which helps clinicians better manage and communicate with their patients.
- Totohealth, an award-winning mobile innovation that utilizes mobile technology to save lives of mothers and children.
- Voiceitt, its Talkitt translates incoherent sounds into clear speech in real time, allowing the speech-disabled to communicate using their own voice
The alternate includes:
- Noninvasix, aims to improve maternal-fetal health by lowering the rate of c-sections, costs of care and medical claims via its enhanced fetal monitor
Boston Children’s Hospital, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, Texas Children's Hospital, and The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia came together to create Impact Pediatric Health, a one-of-a-kind pitch competition to help showcase, and support, the best pediatric healthcare innovations. SXSW Interactive is working with the founding hospitals on this event which is part of Startup Village, http://www.sxsw.com/interactive/startup-village, at the Hilton Downtown Austin.
Impact Pediatric Health showcases technologies that promise to deliver solutions specifically created for young patients. Startup CEOs have three minutes to pitch how their company is solving unique healthcare needs of children, from babies to teens. The Monday, March 14 stage presentation is followed by questions from the emcee and judges. A winner from among the 10 finalists will be announced at the end of the event and will receive a set of prizes. All participating companies will have the opportunity to meet one-on-one with the presenting pediatric hospitals. You must have a SXSW Interactive, Gold or Platinum badge to attend this March 14 event.
This event is possible thanks to the four founding hospitals and the four additional supporting hospitals, as well as organizations like HopeLab, PediaWorks, and REDI Cincinnati.
About Impact Pediatric Health:
Now in its second year, Impact Pediatric Health is a one-of-a-kind pitch competition held annually at SXSW Interactive that is dedicated to showcasing and supporting the best pediatric healthcare innovations. Four of the largest and top ranked (according to US News and World Report) children’s hospitals in the U.S. came together to create Impact Pediatric Health. Boston Children’s Hospital, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, Texas Children's Hospital, and The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia collaborate to help next generation pediatric healthcare companies, especially those focused on digital health and medical devices, accelerate their businesses. For more information see http://impactpediatrichealth.com/ or follow us on twitter @pediatricpitch
About SXSW Interactive
The 23rd annual SXSW Interactive Festival returns to Austin from Friday, March 11 through Tuesday, March 15. An incubator of cutting-edge technologies and digital creativity, the 2016 event features five days of compelling presentations and panels from the brightest minds in emerging technology, scores of exciting networking events hosted by industry leaders and an unbeatable lineup of special programs showcasing the best new websites, video games and startup ideas the community has to offer. From hands-on training to big-picture analysis of the future, SXSW Interactive has become the place to discover the technology of tomorrow today.
Join us in March 2016 for the sessions, the networking, the special events, the 18th Annual SXSW Interactive Innovation Awards, SXSW Accelerator®, the SXSW Gaming Expo, the SXSW Trade Show, the SX Health & MedTech Expo, SX Create, The Job Market, cross-industry conversations with attendees from SXSW Film and SXSW Music, and, most of all, the unforgettable inspirational experiences that only SXSW can deliver.
SXSW Interactive 2016 is sponsored by Esurance, Mazda, Monster Energy, Capital One, Bud Light, Deloitte Digital, McDonald’s, Ten-X, United Airlines, Samsung and The Austin Chronicle.