Washington, DC (PRWEB) March 07, 2016
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is pleased to announce its March 16, 2016, webinar, “CMS’s New ‘45-Day Notice’ and Draft Call Letter: Implications for MA and Part D Plan Strategies,” outlining the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ planned changes to Medicare Advantage (MA) and stand-alone Prescription Drug Plans (PDPs) as laid out in CMS’s preliminary 2017 payment notice and Call Letter.
Patrick Dunks, F.S.A., M.A.A.A., a Principal and Consulting Actuary for Milliman, and Tim Courtney, F.S.A., M.A.A.A., Senior Consulting Actuary at Wakely Consulting Group, will analyze the 45-day notice and Call Letter, and outline steps health plans can take to reshape 2017 strategies and bids. In a 60-minute presentation followed by 30 minutes of responses to individual questions, they’ll offer reliable answers to important questions such as:
- What do the spending growth rate trends in the 45-day notice mean for MA plan payments — and enrollments — in 2017 and beyond?
- What is the expected impact of the last year of MA payment reform under terms of the Affordable Care Act?
- How much might risk-model changes, normalization factors, coding-pattern adjustments and encounter data affect plan payments for 2017?
- How much financial relief would CMS’s proposals for plans with large Medicare-Medicaid dual-eligible populations give those plans? How would they affect other MA plans?
- What changes is CMS proposing to modify MA payments for employer group waiver plans (EGWPs)? What impact are they likely to have?
- What problems could CMS’s “suggestions” for reflecting the one-year health insurer fee moratorium cause MA and Part D plans? What should they do to prepare?
- How is CMS proposing to modify “meaningful differences” requirements for PDPs? What impact would those changes have?
- What new strategies might MA plans and PDPs utilize to cope with the business challenges they are likely to face as a result of the 45-day notice and Call Letter?
Visit https://aishealth.com/marketplace/c6a07_031616 for more details and registration information.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for nearly 30 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals and health systems, health insurance companies, medical group practices, purchasers of health insurance, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, databases, websites, looseleafs, strategic reports, directories, webinars and virtual conferences.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc.
202-775-9008 ext. 3064