At Transparent Language, our job is to create innovative technology to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of language training. This release is a major step forward.
Nashua, NH (PRWEB) March 09, 2016
Transparent Language Inc., a leading provider of language-learning technology, announced today the launch of a major update to its premier U.S. Government language training system, the CL-150 Technology Matrix for Critical Languages (CL-150). The update brings new changes and features that are now available to all users.
“Language capability is critical to the success of all that our government does,” explained Michael Quinlan, CEO of Transparent Language, Inc. “At Transparent Language, our job is to create innovative technology to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of language training. This release is a major step forward.”
Transparent Language is widely known for developing rapid and reliable language training programs for many U.S. Government and Defense agencies. The CL-150 is at the core of the company’s mission to transform the economics of language training, thus succeeding at an endeavor that most other companies have dismissed as too expensive and time-consuming. To better serve current and future CL-150 users, the learning portal has been redesigned to allow for language training in less time with more efficiency. This major update adds a variety of new features, including:
- Improved User Interface: The new design and refactored learning activities improve the user experience, allowing for faster navigation and better organization of course materials. As a result, users can spend less time learning the CL-150 interface and more time learning languages.
- Increased Mobility: With new mobile options and even improved synchronization, users can learn anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected device, including phones and tablets.
- More Practice Opportunities: The new Practice and Quiz activities let users focus on their area of weakness (listening, speaking, reading, writing, or some combination thereof) in order to build the skills they need.
- Increased Flexibility: The new Learning Path and Browse section empower users and instructors to set learning goals, allowing them to skip material they already know or add supplemental materials to their path for extra reinforcement.
- Daily Refreshers: The new Daily Refreshers feature lets users opt in to e-mail reminders prompting them to refresh the words and phrases they may have forgotten, making language sustainment as easy as a few minutes a day.
To register for the CL-150, users can create an account on Joint Language University, jlu.wbtrain.com. A .mil or .gov email address or government sponsorship is required for registration. Once registered, the CL-150 will appear at the top of the Resources list as JLU's Featured Resource.
The CL-150 offers hundreds of thousands of learning objects, along with a deep and broad array of learning activities for many languages and curricula. More information can be found at http://www.transparent.com/government.
About Transparent Language, Inc.
At Transparent Language, we leverage our expertise in technology and in the research and practice of language learning and teaching to build unique capabilities for use by US Government agencies and organizations, as well as hundreds of public libraries, thousands of schools, and millions of individuals. We care about all languages, regardless of commercial value. We believe that language technology needs to work for all courses and curricula, not just a few courses. It needs to benefit not only individuals, but entire programs. We believe that great language technology not only changes the user experience; it transforms the economics, logistics, and reliability of language learning.