This conference is an opportunity for leaders in higher education to learn innovative strategies, trends, and best practices for effective management.
Madison, WI (PRWEB) March 10, 2016
Magna Publications today announced a new conference for academic leaders, including department chairs, deans, provosts, and faculty development directors. The three-day conference will be held October 6-8, 2016, at the Sheraton Atlanta Hotel in Atlanta.
“This conference is an opportunity for leaders in higher education to learn innovative strategies, trends, and best practices for effective management from nationally recognized experts and to network with like-minded peers from a wide range of academic institutions,” said William Haight, president, Magna Publications. “Magna is always looking for ways better serve the higher education community, and our launch of this conference is the next step in our continued commitment to professional development in the education market.”
The conference will bring together hundreds of academic leaders from colleges and universities throughout the United States and Canada. The event will feature approximately three preconference workshops and 50 concurrent sessions. It also includes three plenary presentations by higher education visionaries.
The company will call for plenary, workshop, and session proposals next month. Magna will be working with a board of higher education experts to plan the conference and its content.
- Jeffrey Buller, dean of the Harriet L. Wilkes Honors College of Florida Atlantic University and senior partner in ATLAS: Academic Training, Leadership & Assessment Services
- Robert Cipriano, professor emeritus at Southern Connecticut State University and senior partner in ATLAS: Academic Training, Leadership & Assessment Services
- Jennifer Patterson Lorenzetti, managing editor, Academic Leader and owner, Hilltop Communications
- Thomas McDaniel, professor emeritus of education and senior vice president at Converse College
- Lolita Paff, associate professor of business and economics, Penn State Berks
- Scott Schneider, attorney-at-law, Fisher & Phillips
- Karin Van Voorhees, content development manager, Magna Publications
“Thousands of educators have attended Magna’s The Teaching Professor Conference—highly rated for learning and networking—over the last 13 years,” said Haight. “The new conference is an opportunity to bring the same engaging and revitalizing professional development experience to non-teaching faculty and administrators.”
# # #
About Magna Publications
Founded in 1972, Magna Publications is dedicated to providing high-quality, research-based professional development resources to the higher-education community. The company’s growing portfolio of online seminars, online courses, newsletters, and in-person events represents some of the most trusted names in higher education, including: The Teaching Professor, Online Classroom, Academic Leader, Distance Education Report, and Faculty Focus. The company is based in Madison, WI. Learn more at http://www.magnapubs.com/.
About the Leadership in Higher Education Conference:
Magna Publications founded Academic Leader newsletter in 1984. The goal was simple: create a newsletter that helps leaders at almost every level in higher education benefit through coverage of trends, challenges, and best practices. The conference evolved from Magna’s long-standing relationship with this audience, and with our more than 13 years of experience with dynamic, in-person, professional development events for higher education teachers and professionals.