“Axiim is a company built ‘from the ground up’ to deliver user friendly, high quality wireless audio,” says James Hammer, Axiim CEO.
San Jose, CA (PRWEB) March 21, 2016
The Wireless Speaker and Audio (WiSA) Association, is pleased to announce the release of the Axiim Q Media Center and wireless HD speakers.
"Axiim designed the Q Media Center and wireless HD speakers from the ground up with all aspects of the design process completed in-house," said James Hammer, Axiim CEO. "Axiim is focused on delivering WiSA compliant hardware and software solutions for both consumers and OEM partners."
“The Axiim Q System is a showcase for what the WiSA Standard enables,” said David Carlick, Interim President of the WiSA Association.
Those capabilities include:
- Interoperability: The Axiim Q Media Center and wireless HD speakers are both WiSA compliant to ensure interoperability across all WiSA compliant manufacturers. Consumers can mix and match WiSA-Certified components.
- HD audio quality: The Axiim Q and wireless HD speakers are WiSA compliant providing up to 24bit/96kHz uncompressed high resolution audio.
- Smaller and with less heat: The size of the Axiim Q Media Center is compact and produces less heat than traditional AV gear as a result of the wireless audio connection and moving the heat generating amplifiers into the speakers.
- Quick setup: It takes less than 20 minutes to set up the system, which is made possible by the intuitive on-screen user interface and the simplicity of wireless audio.
- Feature rich on-screen control: Highly integrated HDMI-CEC and rich on-screen graphics allow the user to uniquely and easily navigate the interface that controls the Q Media Center, speakers and connected devices.
- Media from everywhere: Users can stream music from mobile devices apps to the Q Media Center using the onboard Bluetooth. Users can discover music on hard drives connected through any of the four USB ports and eSATA.
- Firmware update: Firmware update to the Axiim Q Media Center is provided by the onboard Gbit Ethernet and 802.11ac WiFi connection. The Q will update any WiSA compliant speaker to ensure they are running the latest high fidelity audio firmware.
- Audio format support: up to 7.1 Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio for the best quality experience from your Bluray quality content.
- Audio everywhere: Using the mobile apps Play-to-Mobile feature, users can play local music discovered by the Axiim Q Media Center to bluetooth speakers in other rooms in the home.
- Nighttime calm: The Play-to-Mobile feature also allows users to stream the audio from the TV show or movie they are watching on their TV directly to their mobile device headphones, to avoid disturbing family or neighbors at night.
- Remote control apps: Users can navigate the on-screen interface or control downstream devices using the iOS and Android apps.
The Axiim Q Media Center and wireless HD speakers are available on the Axiim website at http://www.axiim.com. The Axiim Q 5.1 and 7.1 systems are available for a limited time as a part of a beta program for half the expected retail price. The beta program will end on March 31, 2016.
“We have just published a Case History on the WiSA website on Axiim’s system and the Axiim mission,” said Carlick.
Axiim is a new Kirkland, Washington-based consumer electronics company that designs, manufactures and markets compelling 21st century lifestyle technology solutions. With strong roots in both home entertainment and computer-related product development, the company is making its industry debut in 2016 with the new Axiim Q Media Center and wireless HD speakers. For more information on Axiim and their products, visit axiim.com
The WiSA Association provides a wireless standard for HD audio that combines the convenience of wireless installation with the cutting edge features of firmware upgradeability, elimination of complex AV receivers, full multi-channel sound for theater-level impact, and low latency so that the sound is ‘synced’ with the video. Membership includes leading Audio Video companies worldwide.