The program shines an important spotlight on the success of Michigan’s small business community. The awardees being honored have played a significant role in growing Michigan’s economy and creating jobs.
Grand Rapids, MI (PRWEB) March 16, 2016
Small business owners and supporters are coming from all across the state to show their support for Michigan’s growing companies on Thursday, May 5th at the Twelfth Annual Michigan Celebrates Small Business awards dinner.
“Michigan Celebrates Small Business embodies Michigan’s entrepreneurial spirit,” says Jennifer Deamud – Associate State Director of the Michigan Small Business Development Center. “The program shines an important spotlight on the success of Michigan’s small business community. The awardees being honored have played a significant role in growing Michigan’s economy and creating jobs.”
Michigan Celebrates Small Business (MCSB) is the state’s premier awards program celebrating small business excellence. Over 60 businesses, including the 2016 Michigan 50 Companies to Watch, will be honored during the awards dinner. Awardees, guests, and small business supporters will gather for a cocktail reception, keynote speaker, and the awards dinner, which will be held at the Lansing Center in Lansing, MI.
The awards program will occur during National Small Business Week, May 1-7, drawing extra attention to Michigan’s role in stimulating the national and global economy.
The following companies will be honored at Michigan Celebrates Small Business:
- Main Street USA Award: Mrs. Glee’s Foods, LLC – Hillman
- Innovation Award: ContentOro – Ann Arbor
- Government Contracting Award: Central Lake Armor Express, Inc. DBA Armor Express - Central Lake, MI
- Michigan Small Business SCORE Counselor of the Year: Allen Wilson – Muskegon
- Michigan Small Business SBDC Consultant of the Year: Denise Hansen – Escanaba
- Michigan Small Business Exporter of the Year & Regional Winner: Firstronic LLC – Grand Rapids
- Michigan Women Owned Small Business of the Year: Motawi Tileworks – Ann Arbor
- Michigan Veteran Owned Small Business of the Year: Contract Professionals, Inc. – Waterford
- Michigan Small Business Person of the Year: RB Construction Company – Sterling Heights
The following companies will receive the Michigan 50 Companies to Watch Award:
- Advaita Corporation – Plymouth
- Abcor Industries – Holland
- Afia Inc. – Ann Arbor
- Avomeen Analytical Services – Ann Arbor
- Banza LLC – Detroit
- BizStream, Inc. – Allendale
- Bromberg & Associates, LLC – Hamtramck
- Cash n Carry Flooring LLC – Traverse City
- Celsee Diagnostics – Plymouth
- Clarity Communication Advisors – Southfield
- Coastal Automotive LLC - Rochester Hills
- Code Blue Corporation – Holland
- Collage.com, Inc. – Brighton
- Credibly – Troy
- Energy Design Service Systems, LLC - Whitmore Lake
- Firebolt Group Inc. – Wixom
- foodjunky, Inc. – Detroit
- Goldfish Swim School Franchising, LLC – Birmingham
- Hayhoe Asphalt Paving LLC – Holt
- Image Data Conversion, LLC – Saline
- Inmatech, Inc. – Ann Arbor
- Innereactive Media, LLC - Grand Rapids
- IP Consulting Inc. – Kentwood
- ITC, Incorporated – Holland
- Johnstone Supply Detroit – Orion
- JMC Electrical Contractor, LLC – Clinton Township
- Local Orbit, Inc. – Ann Arbor
- McCardel Restoration – East Lansing
- Millendo (previously Atterocor, Inc.) – Ann Arbor
- MMI Engineered Solutions, Inc. – Saline
- Modustri LLC – Grand Rapids
- Mopec, Inc. – Oak Park
- Mount Bohemia - Lac La Belle
- Neuvokas Corporation – Ahmeek
- Parjana® Distributions, LLC – Detroit
- Public Lumber Company – Detroit
- Recruitment Management Consultants, LLC – East Lansing
- Red Level Networks, LLC – Novi
- RightAnswer.com, Inc. – Midland
- RightBrain Networks – Ann Arbor
- Service First Logistics Incorporated – Auburn Hills
- Smart Bottoms Inc. – Ada
- STEWART Industries LLC – Battle Creek
- Stormcloud Brewing Company – Frankfort
- The Service Professor, Inc. – Grand Rapids
- Tome, Inc. – Royal Oak
- Truscott Rossman Group, LLC – Lansing
- Verdeterre Contracting, Inc. – Canton
- Web Ascender – Okemos
- ZeroBase Energy LLC – Ferndale
“Having seen almost 500 percent growth in the past year, Smart Bottoms is honored and excited to be recognized as a 2016 Michigan 50 Company to Watch,” commented Christy Malone, President of Smart Bottoms Inc. “We are grateful for the support the State of Michigan provides to its small businesses as we all work together to create more jobs and opportunities within the state.”
Tickets are available for $135 per person or attendees can reserve a table of eight for $900. Tickets can be purchased online at http://www.MichiganCelebrates.biz or by calling (800) 362-5461.
Michigan Celebrates Small Business is a partnership of the Michigan Small Business Development Center (Michigan SBDC), Michigan Economic Development Corporation, the Edward Lowe Foundation, Small Business Association of Michigan, the U.S. Small Business Administration and Chris Holman.
The Michigan SBDC is the managing partner of Michigan Celebrates Small Business in 2016. In the twelve year history of Michigan Celebrates, the Michigan SBDC was the managing partner ten of those years.
Michigan Celebrates Small Business is made possible with the generous support of PNC Bank, the Michigan Economic Development Corporation, DTE Energy, Accident Fund, Clark Hill, Rehmann, Varnum Law, Michigan Credit Union League, Consumers Energy, and Dynamic Edge, Inc.
For more information regarding Michigan Celebrates Small Business contact Jennifer Deamud, Executive Director of Michigan Celebrates at the Michigan Small Business Development Center – deamudj(at)gvsu(dot)edu or (616) 331-7482.