Since its launch in July 2010, some 30,000 UK drivers have been attracted by the just add fuel® finance package’s low single fixed monthly payment that covers all motoring costs for a three year period.
(PRWEB UK) 17 March 2016
Just add fuel®, Peugeot’s innovative fixed-cost motoring finance package recently made available to teenage drivers who buy a new Peugeot 108 with a plug-in telematics device has been extended to a wider audience with the 208* and 2008 model range. Drivers in Northern Ireland can also take advantage of the finance package for the very first time.
Since its launch in July 2010, some 30,000 UK drivers have been attracted by the just add fuel® finance package’s low single fixed monthly payment that covers all motoring costs for a three year period;
- No need to budget separately for insurance^, servicing, road fund licence and roadside assistance costs – as they are all included
- No need to search for cheaper insurance each year – it stays the same over the three-year term
- Fixed price motoring for three years means complete peace-of-mind
- A completely transparent motoring package with no hidden costs, ◦representative 4.9% APR
- The opportunity to drive a new car every three years, with no mot or other costs to worry about
Until recently it had only been available to drivers aged 21 or over, but Peugeot has again rewritten the retail rule book and, due to telematics technology which monitors a driver’s movements, younger motorists can benefit for the first time on a new 208* or 2008 vehicle as well as 108.
Mark Pickles, Peugeot UK marketing director, commented: “just add fuel® is recognised as the most significant innovation in vehicle retailing for many years, and this now extends to potential owners of 208* and 2008 vehicles, as well as the 108, further widening its appeal. Our dealers have experienced an increase in retail sales to adults over 18 years of age since the launch of our new telematics product.”
The low monthly costs are made possible with a discreet telematics device; on 108 this plug in device is sent to customers immediately after taking delivery of their car and it attaches to the on-board diagnostic (OBD) port under the steering wheel via a simple installation they can do themselves. On 208 and 2008, customers will receive an installer-fitted unit which an engineer will install.
Via satellite tracking, the telematics device stores and sends data on the vehicle’s speed, acceleration, deceleration and lateral g-forces which is then used to assess the customer’s driving style and rate each journey made on a scale from 1–100. Customers can access their driving activity via an online portal.
This is regularly monitored by the insurer and an aggregate score awarded. Feedback is provided to assist the customer in improving this if deemed necessary. If the score falls below an agreed threshold, the driver will receive a warning. Four warnings a year will result in the insurance policy being cancelled. Terms and conditions apply.
Just add fuel® with telematics is also available to Peugeot 108, 208* and 2008 buyers aged between 21-75 who do not have two years’ no claim discount, or have held a full UK driver’s licence for less than two years. Customers can build their own quote on line by visiting http://www.peugeot.co.uk
^terms and conditions
- 208 GTi and 208 Gate by Peugeot sport models excluded~ the first years road fund licence (RFL) is included in the price of the car. The dealer will provide customers with a cheque equivalent to twice the current RFL costs, except for a Peugeot 108 where the cost of RFL is £0. The customer must apply for years 2 & 3 RFL. Just add fuel (JAF) is subject to status. ◦ 4.9% apr representative up to 37 months. ^ Minimum age 18, maximum age 75. Drivers are required to install the telematics box & consent to data capture & transmission to qualify for insurance. All drivers must hold a full UK licence & meet eligibility criteria including limits on driving convictions & claims. Insurance subject to cancellation if you receive four warnings for poor driving. Excesses apply. 3 years motor insurance is provided and underwritten by u k insurance limited which is authorised by the prudential regulation authority and regulated by the financial conduct authority and the prudential regulation authority. Payments will vary according to age, post code and annual mileage. The costs of insurance, servicing and roadside assistance are included within the monthly cost of just add fuel® passport but are provided on a monthly pay-as-you-go basis and can be cancelled at any time without penalty or affecting the remainder of the just add fuel® passport contract. Finance provided by and written quotations available from PSA finance UK limited t/a Peugeot financial services, quadrant house, princess way, Redhill, rh1 1qa. Excess mileage charges may apply. Routine servicing included, excludes wear parts. A guarantee may be required. Customer deposit may be required. Peugeot motor company plc is acting as a credit broker and is not a lender. To finance your lease we will only introduce you to Peugeot financial services, the provider of just add fuel.
Since 1810 Peugeot has been producing durable products of excellence, since 1858 all are branded with the lion logo – chosen to demonstrate strength, suppleness and swiftness to personify the durability of its products. As one of the earliest automotive producers, the Peugeot brand can trace its roots back to 1889 when it began producing automobiles and since then over 65 million vehicles have been produced, advancing technology with style and efficiency to enhance the customer experience. Demonstrated through its brand signature ‘motion & emotion’, Peugeot is present in 160 countries, has 10,000 franchised dealerships and is recognised the world over for the quality and design excellence of its products.
The UK is the third largest market for Peugeot with its UK headquarters located in Coventry. The UK car line-up includes the 108, 208, 308, 508, 2008, 3008 and 5008 supplemented by people-carriers and a four-model van range that includes the Bipper, Partner, Expert and Boxer. The 208 is the best-selling Peugeot and the partner the best-selling van in the UK.
Launched in 2014, the 108 is a chic compact city car with a great personality. Powered by 1.0- and 1.2-litre PureTech petrol engines, with a choice of 3- and 5-door, hatchback and top! Body styles, it is available with an extensive level of personalisation choice.
Re-invigorated in 2015, the 208 remains the best-selling Peugeot car. Its arrival introduced the pioneering Peugeot i-Cockpit (combining the compact steering wheel with high-level instrumentation and touchscreen technology) and PureTech 3-cylinder petrol engines. The latest versions feature BlueHDi diesel engines capable of just 79g/km – make it the most efficient non-hybrid car.
The 2008 took the world by storm in 2013 when launched, bringing the urban crossover niche to an eagerly-awaiting audience. Sales, especially in the UK, have performed above expectation and feature the innovative grip control system to set it apart from the competition.
If you would like to keep up to date with the Peugeot UK press department activity and be the first to see what exciting new projects we are launching, please follow us on twitter and Instagram:
http://www.twitter.com/peugeotukpr / http://www.instagram.com/peugeotukpr