Bloomingdale, Ill. (PRWEB) March 18, 2016
NOW Health Group, Inc. is voluntarily recalling limited quantities of six dietary supplements that are mislabeled due to a printing error from the label supplier. The recall affects approximately 165 total units that were distributed nationally and sold in retail stores and online. No other NOW products are affected or are involved in this recall.
Specific products and lots include:
- NOW® Elderberry 500mg 60 VegCaps – Product Code 4667, Lot #1966914 (57 units)
- NOW® Andrographis Ext 400 mg 90 VegCaps – Product Code 4591, Lot #1966914 (8 units)
- NOW® Gingko Biloba 60mg 120 VegCaps – Product Code 4687, Lot# 1969778 (77 units)
- NOW® Burdock Root 430mg 100 Caps – Product Code 4608, Lot# 1969778 (8 units)
- NOW® Goldenseal Root 500mg 100 Caps – Product Code 4692, Lot# 1961645 (12 units)
- NOW® Cranberry Ext Caps 90 VegCaps – Product Code 4632, Lot# 1961645 (3 units)
Two of the products, Goldenseal Root 500mg 100 caps – Product Code 4692, Lot# 1961645 and Cranberry Ext Caps 90 VegCaps – Product Code 4632, Lot# 1961645, have undeclared allergens (SOY). People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to soy run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products. Consumers should contact their physician or healthcare provider if they believe they have experienced any adverse events related with the use of these products. No other health hazards exist associated with the use of any of the other recalled products.
The product code is located on the label and the lot number is located on the bottom of the bottle. The bottle is white plastic with a purple lid and an orange NOW label. A limited number of units were sold between February 2, 2016 and March 11, 2016. Consumers who have purchased these recalled products should stop using the product immediately and return it to place of purchase for a full refund. Receipt is not required for refund.
No illnesses have been reported to date.
NOW has provided information on this voluntary recall to all its retailers who purchased this product and has encouraged retailers to make every effort to contact their customers to facilitate the return of affected products.
Consumers with questions regarding this recall can contact NOW’s Customer Service Department by phone at 888-NOW-FOODS (888-669-3663) Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Central Time.