Bronx, NY (PRWEB) March 18, 2016
Calvary is celebrating two recent honors: accreditation by The Joint Commission and their 10th consecutive award by Press Ganey for outstanding patient satisfaction.
At the most recent unannounced Joint Commission tri-annual visit in January 2016, the Joint Commission survey team did not identify any significant issues that Calvary needs to address. The Joint Commission granted accreditation to Calvary Hospital and to Calvary@Home (Home Care and Hospice), marking an unbroken track record of accreditation for Calvary.
Press Ganey Associates introduced an awards program in 2006 for hospitals across the nation that achieve the top ranking in-patient satisfaction. Each year since the award’s inception, Calvary
Hospital has achieved the top rank awards at the 99th percentile for patient satisfaction. Press Ganey currently partners with more than 10,000 health care facilities — including nearly 50 percent of U.S. hospitals — to measure and improve the quality of their care. The company’s databases are the largest in the industry, and allow facilities nationwide to benchmark their results against peer organizations.
To date, Calvary’s many accolades include the following:
- Consistent accreditation from The Joint Commission to Calvary Hospital and Calvary@Home (Home Care and Hospice).
- 2012 Circle of Life Award®.
- 10 consecutive Press Ganey Summit, Beacon and Pinnacle Awards, for outstanding achievement in-patient satisfaction.
- Being designated by the National Cancer Institute in 2005 as an “international center for training in palliative care.”
- The National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization places Calvary@Home above state and national averages in important patient issues, such as relief of pain and patient education.
About the Company:
For more than a century, Calvary Hospital has been the nation’s only fully-accredited, acute care specialty hospital devoted exclusively to providing palliative care to adult patients with advanced cancer and other life-limiting illnesses. More than 5,800 patients are cared for annually by Calvary’s inpatient, outpatient, home care, hospice, and wound care services. Inpatient care is offered at our 200-bed facility in the Bronx and our 25-bed Brooklyn Satellite at Lutheran Medical Center. Calvary Hospice provides short-term inpatient care at The Dawn Greene Hospice, located at Mary Manning Walsh Home in Manhattan. To learn more or sign up for the e-newsletter, Calvary Life, please go to http://www.calvaryhospital.org.