"Uptime Institute's M&O Stamp of Approval is a key underwriting consideration. Clients may realize premium savings in Property, E&O, General Liability and Workers Compensation programs," said Stephen Douglas, Risk Control Director for Technology, CNA.
Seattle, WA (PRWEB) March 22, 2016
Uptime Institute, the globally recognized data center expert, applies principles of business process management (BPM) along with unparalleled data center knowledge and expertise to provide an independent third-party assessment for data center management and operations with the Management and Operations (M&O) Stamp of Approval. With continued demand for data across all business functions, today’s IT and data center infrastructure stakeholders are under continuous pressure to deliver value while maintaining cost and efficiency and the M&O Stamp of Approval provides the guidance and framework to drive best practices for the effective management and operations of a data center.
The Uptime Institute M&O Stamp of Approval was developed around the belief that facility management issues are fixable, frequently without a major resource commitment, providing the greatest opportunity to reduce risks to data center availability. With data center operations running 24x7, companies need to keep business running efficiently. The Uptime Institute M&O Stamp of Approval provides a means to conduct risk analysis at a portfolio level and provide senior management with the information needed to make informed decisions on whether to accept the risk identified in the report or take the corrective actions required to mitigate risks. Additionally, in today’s margin-centric world, the M&O Stamp of Approval allows companies to get the most of their facility and related assets and realize cost savings through these efforts.
““Clients who achieve the Uptime Institute M&O Stamp of Approval demonstrate an organizational commitment to operational excellence and specific aptitude for risk management. The M&O Stamp of Approval is a key underwriting consideration. Clients may realize premium savings in Property, Errors & Omissions (E&O), General Liability and Workers Compensation programs,” said Stephen Douglas, Risk Control Director for Technology, CNA. “Uptime Institute’s M&O Stamp of Approval assesses behaviors in data center operations management which additionally benefits reliability, availability and IT performance.”
The Uptime Institute M&O Stamp of Approval is designed to work across groups and departments, cultures and practices. The assessment reviews areas for improvement along with what is working well, to enable management to improve results across the data center portfolio. This serves to build highly effective teams with shared objectives.
“Our customers tell us that many operations and staff decisions were chosen on price alone,” said Julian Kudritzki, Chief Operating Officer of Uptime Institute. “Why put important data at risk when the Uptime Institute M&O Stamp of Approval can provide peace of mind, validating the effectiveness of risk management measures and programs?”
Benefits in achieving the Uptime Institute M&O Stamp of Approval include:
- Ensures that optimum staffing configuration is in place to support business presence objective
- Confirms that plans are in place to maintain a collaborative culture and continuous training to avoid attrition. For example, the average cost to replace a mid-level employee with an average salary of $80,000 is $120,000, or 150 percent of their annual salary. (SOURCE: TLNT/EREMEDIA)
- Small changes can reap big benefits, for example, operating set points are routinely checked, and temperatures that can be adjusted by 6-10 degrees. In a large data center, a one degree change can result in an average of $1 million in annual savings.
- Potential premium savings in your insurance program.
- A recent 451 Research survey found that aligning data center processes is in the Top 3 of enterprise IT priorities. This goal can only be achieved through collaboration by the multiple groups responsible for the data center. The cohesion for process improvement and standardization across the portfolio is provided whether owned/operated or outsourced.
- A recent Uptime Institute analysis of 20 years of abnormal incident data from its members showed human error to blame for more than 70% of all data center outages. Better process and collaboration builds better communication across levels and departments to instill good procedures and behaviors, improved habits and productivity.
- “The M&O Stamp of Approval illustrates a company’s future intention of creating a consistent path of excellence with its people, process and tools,” said John Sheputis, President of Infomart Data Centers.
- “Processes and equipment can remain constant for a period of time but staff can change. The M&O Stamp of Approval helps pinpoint and analyze operational gaps, driving best-in-class data centers and results. It also validates CenturyLink’s focus on continuously improving our innovative data center operations,” said Kelly Sullivan, VP of Global Data Center Operations, CenturyLink.
- “I see three clear benefits to the Uptime Institute M&O Stamp of Approval, proven methodology of assessing operations practices, validating our program via benchmarking supported by a third party leader and promotion from a globally accepted and recognized organization,” said Herb Alvarez, Director of Global Engineering & Critical Facilities, at American International Group (AIG).
- "NRI is the first organization in Japan to achieve two Uptime Institute M&O Stamps of Approval, said Mr. Takuhito Sakata, Senior Managing Director, Data Center Services Division of NRI. “We view the achievement as a strong differentiator to illustrate data center excellence. The Uptime Institute M&O Stamp of Approval's credible review has provided numerous insights to help lead us to a higher level of management. We strive for best practices in safety and reliability and now plan to extend the M&O Stamp of Approval to all core data centers."
M&O rationalizes, affirms, and improves BPM practices in data centers worldwide, thereby addressing issues prevalent and pressing worldwide. M&O Stamp of Approval has been awarded throughout the Americas, Europe, Russia, Middle East, and across Asia Pacific.
About Uptime Institute:
Uptime Institute is an unbiased advisory organization focused on improving the performance, efficiency, and reliability of business critical infrastructure through innovation, collaboration, and independent certifications. Uptime Institute serves all stakeholders responsible for IT service availability through industry leading standards, education, peer-to-peer networking, consulting, and award programs delivered to enterprise organizations and third-party operators, manufacturers, and providers. Uptime Institute is recognized globally for the creation and administration of the Tier Standards & Certifications for Data Center Design, Construction, and Operational Sustainability along with its Management & Operations reviews, FORCSS™ methodology, and Efficient IT Stamp of Approval.
Uptime Institute – The Global Data Center Authority®, a division of The 451 Group, has office locations in the U.S., Mexico, Costa Rica, Brazil, U.K., Spain, U.A.E., Russia, Taiwan, Singapore, and Malaysia.