We look forward to welcoming such a celebrated gathering of chefs, wine and spirit masters to Mayakoba for our first Masters of Food, Wine & Golf.
Riviera Maya, Mexico (PRWEB) March 24, 2016
This June, Mayakoba Resort in the Riviera Maya will bring together a renowned collection of culinary stars for a four-day weekend event celebrating the best of sport, spirits and gastronomy. The first-annual Mayakoba Masters of Food, Wine & Golf, presented by American Express, will hit the Riviera Maya from June 2-5, 2016, with exceptional food, wine and spirit tasting experiences as well as a two-day golf tournament at Mayakoba’s award-winning El Camaleon Golf Club. Throughout the weekend, guests will enjoy exclusive access to a series of interactive lunches, dinners and culinary demonstrations from internationally-acclaimed chefs including Richard Sandoval (40 restaurants worldwide; three at Fairmont Mayakoba), Abraham Salum (Komali Restaurant, Dallas); Fernando Trocca (Sucre, Buenos Aires); Andrew Ormsby (The Tower at Cityplace, Dallas); Felipe Donnelly (Comodo, New York City); Diane DiMeo (barRachos, New York City); Antonio De Livier (Mexico City); Paola Carosella (Arturito, São Paulo); Maru Botana (Argentina); Montse Estruch (Le Cingle, Barcelona); Flavio Federico (Sao Paulo, Brazil); Renzo Garibaldi (Peru); and Eva Millan (Spain)
The Mayakoba Masters of Food, Wine & Golf kicks off the morning of Thursday, June 2, with a special clinic by master golf instructor, Jim McLean, on the Greg Norman-designed El Camaleon golf course, home to the only PGA TOUR event in Mexico: The OHL Classic at Mayakoba. That evening, a spirited opening party presented by Aeromexico and Delta Airlines at Rosewood Mayakoba’s outdoor Palapa will feature culinary delights and elixirs from an exciting array of guest chefs, winemakers, sommeliers, tequila masters and artisanal brewers that set the stage for the weekend’s festivities. Over the next three days, guests can participate in a series of exclusive dining events, grand tastings, celebrity chef cooking demonstrations, wine and spirit tastings, and after-hour parties held throughout the resort’s three luxury hotels; the chef’s of Banyan Tree, Rosewood and Fairmont Mayakoba will host the master guest chefs in their kitchens. For a full line-up of events, please visit mayakobamfwg.com.
“We look forward to welcoming such a celebrated gathering of chefs, wine and spirit masters to Mayakoba for our first Masters of Food, Wine & Golf,” says Carl Emberson, VP of Operations and Marketing for Mayakoba. “Foodies, oenophiles and golf enthusiasts alike will appreciate the specially-curated events that highlight the culinary and cultural bounty of Mexico but also bring an international flair to the Riviera Maya. It’s a unique way for our guests to experience the destination through food and wine, and we hope this is the first of many more events to come.”
Highlights of The Mayakoba Masters of Food, Wine & Golf experience includes:
- Entry in two-day “Mayakoba Cup” golf tournament, sponsored by Tequila Patrón – a two player team event; scramble format on Day One and best ball on Day Two
- Live food and beverage stations – located throughout the golf course, offering tastings from Mayakoba’s own chefs, regional tequilas and breweries
- American Express Lounge – guests can relax at Koba Restaurant in the El Camaleon Golf Club with Patrón cocktails, Mexican craft beer by Bocanegra, Wendlant and Agua Mala, and Cantina-style bites by Koba’s Chef Eva Millan
- Signature Mexican dinner with world-renowned Chef Richard Sandoval – the exclusive epicurean experience at El Puerto Restaurant in Fairmont Mayakoba will be complemented by pours from San Rafael Winery, located in the celebrated Ojos Negros wine region in Baja California
- Lunch with Chef Andrew Ormsby & Casa Madero – the renowned Australian chef will prepare a seafood beach lunch served with wines by Mexican favorite Casa Madero
- Dinner with Chef Paola Carosella & Monte Xanic Winery – hosted by Hans Backoff, founder of Monte Xanic Winery in Baja’s Guadalupe Valley, this special dinner will take place in a spectacular new residence at Rosewood Mayakoba
- Mayakoba Masters Supper Party by Veuve Clicquot – learn the history and legacy of Madame Clicquot Ponsardin; hosted by brand ambassador Adriana Angulo with bites by Chef Felipe Donelly
- “Mayakoba Cup” Awards Luncheon – prepared by Chefs Abraham Salum, Montse Estruch, Maru Botana and Eva Millan with wine by Terrazas Winery (Argentina) and spirits by Tequila Patrón and Cerveza Bocanegra
- Grand Tasting at El Pueblito – a showcase of fine wineries, brewers, tequila and mezcal producers from across Latin America will take place at Mayakoba’s newest dining and event venue
- Closing Dinner & Party Presented by The Gourmet Awards – guests can meet and interact with the weekend’s celebrity chefs under the stars at Banyan Tree Mayakoba’s Sands Beach Club
- Spa day and ladies luncheon with guest Chef Diane Dimeo at Rosewood Mayakoba
- Cooking classes with guest chefs at the El Pueblito Cooking School
- Farmer’s Market at El Pueblito – a farewell celebration presented by local producers and guest chefs
- Two spa treatments for non-golfers
The Mayakoba Masters of Food, Wine & Golf comes on the heels of several new food and beverage offerings to open at the resort in the last year. The latest addition is El Pueblito Cooking School, launching this spring. Classes will be scheduled throughout the year and offer guests a hands-on opportunity to learn traditional Mexican dishes and techniques in an interactive, gourmet teaching kitchen. The Cooking School will also offer private classes for individuals, families or corporate groups. An exciting line-up of celebrity guest chef classes will be announced later in 2016.
Additional programs play heavily on the local customs and indigenous ingredients of the Riviera Maya. Banyan Tree Mayakoba recently unveiled HAAB, an immersive outdoor dining experience that brings to life the ancient culture, customs and cuisine of the Mayan people. Rosewood Mayakoba also introduced La Ceiba Garden & Kitchen, an al fresco environment for guests to partake in cooking demonstrations, tastings and even foraging for their own produce from over 45 types of organic vegetation to create exquisite delicacies with unmistakable Mexican flare. At Fairmont Mayakoba, the new “Classics Perfected” cocktail menu – a global Fairmont program designed by its elite bartenders – is available at the newly- renovated Lobby Lounge. The updated Lobby Lounge features an entirely new beverage experience and menu complete with upscale appetizers and sampling dishes to share overlooking Mayakoba’s distinctive waterways.
Ticket prices for The Mayakoba Masters of Food, Wine & Golf start $1,199 per person (plus tax and service) and include 3-nights accommodations, airport transfers and access to golf tournament and all food and wine events. For more information or to purchase tickets, please visit mayakobamfwg.com or contact Mayakoba at [email protected] or call +52 984 873 4900.
About MAYAKOBA: Located in the Riviera Maya just 15 minutes from Playa del Carmen, Mayakoba is an eco-friendly resort development on the shores of the Caribbean in Mexico. Surrounded by natural beauty in its lagoons, pools and sugar sand beaches, Mayakoba is home to four luxury hotels – Fairmont Mayakoba, Rosewood Mayakoba, Banyan Tree Mayakoba and Andaz Mayakoba (opening Fall 2016). The resort also offers a spectacular 18-hole course designed by renowned architect and PGA legend Greg Norman. The signature course is home to the OHL Classic at Mayakoba – the only PGA TOUR event in Mexico. Six miles of freshwater lagoons and lead to a white sand beaches with turquoise waters on the Caribbean Sea and connect all of the hotels. Mayakoba is an eco-conscious development and has implemented significant practices to encourage sustainability. For more information, please visit mayakoba.com.
Castillo & Ruig Communications