Gnome Your Neighbor is a free, harmless prank families can do together to explore their communities and spread a little joy on April Fools' Day.
Nashville, Tennessee (PRWEB) March 24, 2016
This April Fools’ Day all across the country gnomes will be sprouting up everywhere at area landmarks, parks, schools, museums, libraries and even the neighbor’s lawn. Gustav the gnome from My Gnome on the Roam is up to his gnomie tricks with a special family prank and he’d like to invite families to join in the fun for a chance to win an adventure kit.
To participate in Gnome Your Neighbor, families can sign up free online and follow the simple instructions. Participants download their gnome to print out, decorate and glue him to a popsicle stick or plastic fork. Now he’s ready to be taken on an adventure and planted in a neighbor’s yard or other location. Remember to leave a little love note, take a selfie and post it to Instagram #MyGnomeontheRoam and #GnomeYourNeighbor. Winners will be selected by a random drawing and notified through email on April 5, 2016.
Here are the top ten ideas to Gnome Your Neighbor:
1. Where’s Gustav: Place Gustav at a famous landmark. Take a pic and post on Instagram and see who can guess his location.
2. Play a Prank: Stick Gustav to someone’s back (or backpack) with a silly message.
3. Pass it On: Leave Gustav in a private place (on a desk, in a pocket, lunchbox, briefcase etc.) with the words “pass it on.” See how far he can get in a day by posting pictures.
4. Random Act of Kindness: Perform a random act of kindness and leave Gustav as a calling card.
5. Words of Love: Write a love note on Gustav’s back--a quote, letter or other inspiration.
6. Practical Joker: Play a little trick and leave Gustav at the scene of the crime.
7. Hide-n-Seek: Leave Gustav in a familiar place for a neighbor to find.
8. In Plain Sight: Leave Gustav in a public spot to be discovered by passersby (bus stop, library book, under a windshield wiper, parking meter).
9. Gnome Home: Plant Gustav in a lovely garden or nook in the roots of a tree at a nearby park.
10. Smile!: Take a selfie with Gustav and post it using #MyGnomeontheRoam and #GnomeYourNeighbor.
“Gnome Your Neighbor is a free, harmless prank families can do together to explore their communities and spread a little joy on April Fools’ Day,” says Anne Armstrong, CEO and founder, My Gnome on the Roam. “We’re thrilled families have signed up to participate in Gnome Your Neighbor in cities across the nation from Breckenridge, Colorado to Panama City Beach, Florida. We look forward to following their adventures.”
My Gnome on the Roam is an adventure kit for families that inspires a love of reading, writing and exploration. My Gnome on the Roam helps children find their voice to tell their own story while creating genuine moments of family connection--making the world a better place, one adventure at a time.
About My Gnome on the Roam
My Gnome on the Roam is a premium brand of educational toys and experiences for boys and girls ages 3-10 years old. The goal of My Gnome on the Roam is building creative family adventures in as little as 30 minutes a week. Based in Nashville, the company was founded in 2015 by Anne Armstrong, a middle school classroom teacher for gifted children. Visit http://www.mygnomeontheroam.com to order adventure kits or download the mobile app Time to Roam (Android or iPhone). Connect with us on Twitter @Gnomesontheroam, Facebook https://www.facebook.com/mygnomeontheroam and Instagram @gnomesontheroam.