“I’ve partnered with Curology and The Tyler Clementi Foundation because it’s important for me to use my voice to help other victims of Cyber-bullying and Acne Shaming” said VanPevenage.
Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) March 29, 2016
Ashley VanPevenage may be best known for her before/after makeup photo that went viral in October of 2015. VanPevenage was the center of millions of hate comments and social shares all surrounding her severe acne and appearance. Buzzfeed reported over 4 million shares online in December (2015).
Ashley is now taking her cyber-bullying experience to the next level to #CureTheHate by taking a stand against cyber-bullying and acne shaming. “I’ve partnered with Curology and The Tyler Clementi Foundation because it’s important for me to use my voice to help other victims of cyber-bullying” said VanPevenage. “I wanted to create a simple social sharing campaign that would not only raise awareness but also increase the number of #upstander pledge’s for The Tyler Clementi Foundation.”
Cure The Hate is kicking off this social awareness initiative by releasing collaborative videos covering inflencer point of views on cyber-bullying and why they support the CTH campaign. Participating creators are; Michelle Phan (Pillow Talk), Max Weisz (MaxNoSleeves), Elle Bangs and Jordan Cheyenne. Cure The Hate aims to spread positive messages throughout the social community to encourage online users to put an end to cyber-bullying and cruelty based on appearances.
#CureTheHate is simple social sharing, here’s how it works:
- Help spread the word by posting a message on why you’re against cyber-bullying with #CureTheHate in your caption box.
- Acceptable platforms are (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or YouTube)
- Tag a friend to share your post with @curology and @tylerclementifoundation
- Hashtags: #curethehate, StopAcneShaming #Upstander
- Every post using designated hashtag #CureTheHate will be shared across all campaign social platforms and website!
For more info visit: curethehate.com
For more info on Curology visit: curology.com
For More info on The Tyler Clementi Foudation visit: Tylerclementi.org