Multifilm Packaging has made tremendous progress, and we’re proud our solutions have played a role in their success so far. -- Paul Lachance, president of Smartware Group, Inc.
CARLSBAD, CALIF. (PRWEB) March 29, 2016
Smartware Group, Inc., producer of the cloud-based Bigfoot CMMS solution for modern maintenance operations management, recognizes Multifilm Packaging’s David J. Paetsch for receiving Frost & Sullivan’s Manufacturing Leadership Award for Visionary Leadership. Paetsch serves as a plant engineer at flexible packaging solution manufacturer Multifilm Packaging, a Bigfoot CMMS user since 2013.
Frost & Sullivan’s Manufacturing Leadership (ML) Council recognizes world-class manufacturing companies and leaders on an annual basis. The award for visionary leadership highlights leaders, like Paetsch, who have made an impact on their company, their industry and on manufacturing as a whole.
“We are honored to be recognized for this award,” said Olle Mannertorp, president of Multifilm Packaging. “We’ve pushed our business operations forward this past year, achieving higher productivity with decreased downtime. Bigfoot CMMS has helped to make this possible, and the Manufacturing Leadership recognition is a testament to David’s direction and the benefits of a strong partnership with Smartware Group.”
Using Bigfoot CMMS, Multifilm Packaging has seen measurable and dramatic improvement. The company’s maintenance downtime was cut by 85 percent, with scheduled maintenance accounting for 75 percent of that sum and non-scheduled maintenance accounting for the remaining 25 percent.
Moving forward, Multifilm Packaging’s goals include having 90 percent of work orders as preventive maintenance, and only 10 percent as corrective maintenance. In addition, they are working to shift the operator mindset toward reporting machine problems even earlier. With help from Bigfoot CMMS, both goals are imminently reachable.
“As a CMMS provider heavily involved within the manufacturing space, we have a keen understanding of the maintenance and operational issues facing regulated companies today. Multifilm Packaging has made tremendous progress, and we’re proud our solutions have played a role in their success so far,” said Paul Lachance, president of Smartware Group. “We look forward to the continuation of this solid relationship, furthering their team’s goals and operations in any way we can.”
The annual ML Awards honor organizations and individuals that are shaping the future of global manufacturing. Nominations span 13 categories and are evaluated and scored by a panel of expert judges. The winners and their technology partners will be honored on June 8, 2016, in Carlsbad, California, at a gala celebration that concludes the twelfth annual Manufacturing Leadership Summit.
“Seeing our clients succeed is what makes the capabilities of Bigfoot CMMS tangible,” said Lachance. “We’re proud to consider David and Multifilm Packaging true partners, and their recognition as industry leaders is much deserved.”
About Smartware Group, Inc.
Smartware Group, Inc., headquartered in Center Harbor, N.H., produces Bigfoot CMMS for manufacturing, distribution, data centers, hospitality, mining, and energy & utilities industries. Since 2002, Bigfoot has helped more than 10,000 users worldwide improve facility and equipment maintenance operations with advanced capabilities that include preventive maintenance (PMs) and predictive maintenance, work order scheduling, maintenance requests, asset life cycle management, parts replacement inventory, and built-in reporting. Bigfoot CMMS’ native functionality paired with its intuitive design allows maintenance professionals to implement the solution and get results quickly, often in a matter of weeks.
The Bigfoot solution earned a 2015 “Product of the Year” Gold Award by Plant Engineering magazine, and previously won a Bronze Stevie® Award during the 11th Annual International Business Awards in the Best Interface Design category. Experience the Bigfoot difference by accessing a free trial at http://www.bigfootcmms.com/free-trial today.
About Multifilm Packaging
Multifilm Packaging is a fully integrated manufacturer of flexible packaging solutions for the food, beverage and confectionery industries in the North American market, specializing in piece wraps for confections and high-barrier laminates. Its newly-installed Geothermal Process Cooling & HVAC System makes Multifilm Packaging one of the least energy-consuming converters around. Multifilm Packaging’s products are FDA approved and completely free of BPA and lead, while its facility follows a zero waste-to-landfill protocol. Multifilm Packaging is management-owned and operated and has been an independent corporation since 2008.