"By providing comprehensive metadata management capabilities to build a common semantic layer across our logical data warehouse and data lake initiatives, Denodo’s data virtualization software is invaluable to both operational and analytical use cases..."
Palo Alto, California (PRWEB) March 29, 2016
Denodo, a leader in data virtualization software, today announced the immediate availability of Denodo Platform 6.0, the latest version of the company’s award-winning data virtualization platform. Version 6.0 accelerates a “fast data” strategy by delivering breakthrough performance in big data implementations, logical data warehouses, and operational scenarios. The solution also fast-tracks adoption by offering data virtualization in the cloud and expedites the use of data by business users with self-service data discovery and search. As a result, organizations can make rapid decisions with real-time performance, achieve the shortest time-to-data with on-demand product availability, and improve business-user productivity with unconstrained access to data.
“By providing comprehensive metadata management capabilities to build a common semantic layer across our logical data warehouse and data lake initiatives, Denodo’s data virtualization software is invaluable to both operational and analytical use cases, and their latest version takes it up another level," said Mark Eaton, Enterprise Architect at Autodesk. “We initially selected Denodo Platform because its model-driven data virtualization engine gives one developer the productivity of several developers. With Denodo’s latest 6.0 version, the transparent support for big data platforms such as Spark and rich cloud capabilities will accelerate the migration of our logical data warehouse into the cloud. Denodo 6.0 is the next big step on our journey to provide near-real time BI to the business and retire our legacy data warehouses in the process.”
Denodo Platform 6.0 provides the following new and enhanced functionalities:
- The most advanced optimization techniques for big data. To minimize network traffic, the Dynamic Query Optimizer automatically implements the “move processing to the data” paradigm. The optimizer determines the best query execution plan to deliver the optimum performance, considering data source statistics and indexes, as well as the special characteristics of big data sources. In performance tests, Denodo 6.0, when used as a logical data warehouse, demonstrated benchmark results on par with a physical data warehouse.
- Special support for, and connectivity to, the broadest array of big data sources, including Redshift, HP Vertica, Impala, and Apache Spark, in addition to its existing support for Teradata, Netezza, Hive, Impala, and Greenplum.
- The first and the only data virtualization solution to be provisioned as a virtual image on Amazon AWS Marketplace. Customers will have the option to buy an instance based on the number of sources or by the number of concurrent queries and results sets that will be returned.
- A brand new, intuitive Web-based user interface with Google-like search capabilities for both data and metadata. The interface enables data discovery through the graphical representation of data lineage. Also, business users can explore the associations and relationships of the related data entities.
- The Denodo Resource Manager supports workload management with monitoring and diagnosis capability for the management of very large deployments, enabling administrators to proactively diagnose resource constraints and flexibly control resource allocation for optimal execution.
- A newly redesigned administrative user interface supports agile development with easier and friendlier development capabilities.
- Improved security with Kerberos southbound and pass-through support for databases and web services.
“The demand for direct access to information through data virtualization has grown significantly as traditional batch cycles of ETL are not able to keep pace with business needs,” said Mark Smith, CEO and chief research officer at Ventana Research. “Denodo, who received our Technology Innovation Award for Information Management, has advanced Denodo Platform 6.0 through its dynamic query optimizer, self-service search and discovery, and availability on Amazon Web Services (AWS), which makes it more reliable and available to any organization who want dynamic access to data at any time.”
The beta version of Denodo 6.0 has been successfully tested by many existing customers.
“Denodo 6.0 sets the gold standard for data virtualization software,” said Ravi Shankar, Chief Marketing Officer at Denodo. “Its Dynamic Query Optimizer is the only cost-based optimization engine to dynamically optimize queries at the data virtualization layer, which boosts performance, especially in big data scenarios. Also, by making our software available in the AWS marketplace, Denodo becomes the first data virtualization vendor to lower cost and ease-of-adoption barriers. And the new self-service capability will enable business users to search data directly at the data virtualization layer, an industry first.”
Learn More: Denodo will present the 6.0 features in the Fast Data Strategy Virtual Summit on March 30 in the Americas and on March 31 in EMEA and APAC.
Tweet This: News: @Denodo releases new Denodo Platform 6.0 for #datavirtualization #BI #Performance #AWS #SelfService capabilities http://bit.ly/1UyY6oy
Denodo is the leader in data virtualization providing agile, high performance data integration and data abstraction across the broadest range of enterprise, cloud, big data, and unstructured data sources, and real-time data services at half the cost of traditional approaches. Denodo’s customers across every major industry have gained significant business agility and ROI by enabling faster and easier access to unified business information for agile BI, big data analytics, Web, and cloud integration, single-view applications, and enterprise data services. Denodo is well-funded, profitable, and privately held. For more information, visit http://www.denodo.com or call +1 877 556 2531 / +44 (0) 20 7869 8053.