It’s clear from the research that content automation has the potential to solve a wide range of content challenges that today’s ECM solutions are not adequately addressing.
Weymouth, MA (PRWEB) March 30, 2016
InfoTrends is pleased to announce the results of a recent survey in collaboration with Quark Software Inc. This research was conducted among mid-market, enterprise and large enterprise organizations across a range of industries. The survey finds that while respondents agree that improving customer experience and engagement is their number one content priority, most believe they spend too much time creating, editing, approving, recreating and repurposing the content necessary to deliver outstanding experiences.
David Stabel, Associate Director, InfoTrends, said, “Businesses are struggling with fragmented content strategies, a lack of confidence in the consistency of their content, and increased demand for mobile and Web content. It’s clear from the research that content automation has the potential to solve a wide range of content challenges that today’s ECM solutions are not adequately addressing.”
Gavin Drake, Vice President of Marketing, Quark Software Inc., notes, “Quark was delighted to have been able to partner with InfoTrends on this research as well as being one of 35+ vendors that respondents associated with content automation. The InfoTrends research clearly illustrates the business challenges that organizations are facing with content strategy as well as how manual processes are stifling their business success. The great news is that a well executed content strategy and the right end-to-end content automation platform can have a transformational business impact.”
From creation and management to publishing and delivery, survey respondents face content challenges every day. The InfoTrends Content Automation Survey 2016 captured these primary conclusions. Respondents agreed:
- Increasing customer satisfaction is the most important business initiative related to content strategy in the next 12 months
- Stakeholders want more Web content, more mobile content, or both
- Current enterprise content management solutions (ECM) are difficult to configure for specific requirements
- ECM solutions don’t support automated content reuse and updating
- PDFs are difficult to review and annotate and email is an inefficient way to review and approve content
- Businesses do not have a good understanding of who is consuming their published content, how, and on which devices
- More than 35 vendors – from content management and XML authoring tools to mobile app development solutions – make up the content automation ecosystem
- Per company spend on content-related technologies in 2015, on average, was more than $800K. Spend is expected to increase significantly over the next three to five years, especially in financial services, manufacturing, healthcare, government and public services.
About Quark Software Inc.
Quark Software Inc. develops a content automation platform that helps large organizations streamline the creation, management, publishing and delivery of business-critical content. Our solutions automate the process with reusable Smart Content components that can be dynamically assembled and delivered with precision in any format and to any channel — web, tablet, mobile, print, and more. As a result, leaders in industries such as finance, manufacturing, energy, and government can reduce costs, save time, improve consistency and make their content brilliant. http://www.quark.com
InfoTrends is the leading worldwide market research and strategic consulting firm for the digital imaging and document solutions industry. They provide research, analysis, forecasts, and advice to help clients understand market trends, identify opportunities, and develop strategies to grow their businesses. http://www.infotrends.com