We’re thrilled to offer the safest airframe technology with our structurally enclosed SurroundFrame - Founding Partner Roger Freeman
New York, NEW YORK (PRWEB) March 30, 2016
FreeBird Flight, a company that develops next-generation commercial UAV technology, today announced the first UAV that can safely be used in commercial applications.
The FreeBird One has structurally enclosed rotors, the ability to carry a 20-pound payload, operate in nearly all weather conditions and is quickly and easily customizable because of its 3D-printing manufacturing process. It’s also first to market to offer a live 3D video feed to a VR headset for precise maneuvering near objects.
“UAV technology is evolving rapidly, and quickly moving beyond the hobby and aerial video markets, into areas such as construction and public safety,” said FreeBird Flight’s Founding Partner and Chief Architect Roger Freeman. “With that growth comes important responsibility for both those who operate them and those who develop and manufacture them. That’s why we’re thrilled to offer the safest airframe technology with our structurally enclosed SurroundFrame.”
The vast majority of consumer and commercial UAVs today have dangerous free-spinning propellers, necessitate near perfect weather conditions, have short flight times, and limited redundancy of key electronic systems. The result of these limitations is often having the UAV fly too high and too far away from their operators.
“With the introduction of the FreeBird One, we hope to spur the industry to raise product safety and performance standards across the board by introducing FAA-friendly products that allow private-sector innovation to continue to flourish,” said Freeman.
SurroundFrame: New UAV Airframe Technology
What sets the FreeBird One apart from the rest of the UAV market (visually and functionally) is the proprietary, patent-pending 3D-printed SurroundFrame. The SurroundFrame is a 3-foot (diameter) carbon fiber airframe and body with structurally enclosed blades. It bears the ability to bump into and along objects (like a wall or fence) without causing property or vehicle damage or injuries – and has significant flat storage capacity for electronics around the vehicle.
FreeBird One: Best-in-Class Electronic Components in a Single System
Coupled with the SurroundFrame, the FreeBird One uses an optimal set of motors, controllers, flight computer, and battery to create a world-class system. Often, users are asked to make trade-offs between performance and flight time. FreeBird One uniquely balances those trade-offs with a no-compromise solution that offers both industry-leading flight time and performance in addition to safety features that are a step-function better than competing products today.
Key performance features:
- LONG FLIGHT TIME: At 14 lbs (with battery) and 8 lbs (sans battery), FreeBird One can fly up to 30 minutes.
- FAST SPEEDS: Max horizontal speeds range 50-70 mph (depending on motor and propeller configurations), with vertical speeds (both ascent and descent) of up to 3,000 ft/ min.
- SAFEST: The SurroundFrame has enclosed blades, a flight controller with its own power source (to insulate from voltage fluctuations under heavy current draw from motors and assist in vehicle search and recovery) and redundant GPS.
- MOST CUSTOMIZABLE: The FreeBird One is a turn-key system solution, but for customers requiring further built-in customization or specialized mounts, FreeBird Flight can accommodate custom requests due to its ability to make on-the-fly design changes to the 3D-CAD model and preview the renderings for customers before 3D printing the system. Additionally, customers who want to customize the entire flight system can purchase the SurroundFrame independently either assembled or as a DIY kit to install their own components.
- WEATHER PROOF: The FreeBird One is designed to be used anywhere in nearly any weather, including wind, rain and snow conditions.
Check out our Kickstarter campaign here to help support our growth initiatives and obtain an advance copy of FreeBird One before they are publicly available.
About FreeBird Flight
FreeBird Flight is a company that develops next-generation commercial UAV technology. The company’s first release is the FreeBird One -- the safest, strongest, fastest, longest flying, most weather-resistant and most customizable commercial UAV on the market. Roger Freeman, a 20-year veteran Wall Street equity analyst who covered the capital markets industry, founded the company in 2014 and designed and produced the prototype. Essentially self-taught, the idea came to fruition when he was using his own 3D printer.