Boston, Mass. (PRWEB) March 30, 2016
Sperry Van Ness International Corporation (SVNIC), a full-service commercial real estate franchisor of the SVN® brand, released a new report on how employers, in the commercial real estate (CRE) industry and beyond, can attract and retain Millennial talent. The Millennial Commercial Real Estate Career Study (The SVN® Study) was conducted in November of 2015 by SVNIC COO Diane Danielson as part of the company’s on-going efforts to assist their independently owned and operated offices to recruit top talent and diversifying their companies.
For the SVN Study, members of Generation Y, (born between 1980 and 1995), were surveyed in the United States, Canada and South America about careers, specifically asking about commission-based jobs and what factors they look for when choosing future employers. The SVN Study found 10 specific recommendations to expand the CRE industry’s non-diversified and aging base, including data to support them.
Ten Takeaways from the The Millennial Commercial Real Estate Career Study
1. Expand your commission-based recruiting pool.
2. Create a collaborative work environment through common goals, brainstorming and problem solving sessions.
3. Boost your entrepreneurial spirit by rewarding innovation, supporting risk taking, and encouraging employees to think like owners.
4. Diversify your recruiting pools, existing employee base, leadership and board of directors.
5. Ensure that upper management is genuinely ethical, transparent and open to mentorship programs.
6. Demystify management and create a clear path for advancement.
7. Highlight the high earnings potential and the training programs available to help Millennials succeed.
8. Provide flexibility in work hours and locations by moving to a results-oriented, “core hours” system and Cloud technology.
9. Incorporate conscious capitalism into your company mission and vision.
10. Engage in ongoing dialogs with Millennials.
Sperry Van Ness International Corp. (SVNIC), a full-service commercial real estate franchisor of the SVN® brand, is one of the industry’s most recognized names based on the annual Lipsey Top Brand Survey. With 200 locations serving over 500 markets, SVN provides sales, leasing, corporate services and property management services to clients across the globe. SVN Advisors also represent clients in auction services, corporate real estate, distressed properties, golf & resort, hospitality, industrial, investment services, land, medical, multifamily, office, retail, self-storage and single tenant investments. All SVN offices are independently owned and operated. For more information, visit http://www.svn.com.