BOULDER, Colorado (PRWEB) April 03, 2016
Newton Running released a special edition shoe for the 2016 Boston Marathon, to be sold exclusively at Marathon Sports, the Marathon Expo and http://www.newtonrunning.com.
Inspired by the course, which summits on Heartbreak Hill in Newton, Massachusetts, Newton incorporated symbolic elements to help tell a unique and memorable race story.
"We love the look of the Newton Running Fate 2 Boston special edition shoe. It's a great design that really honors Boston, the Boston Marathon and the passion of the runners who run the race and run in the city on a regular basis," says Brian Metzler, Editor in Chief of Competitor Magazine and Competitor.com. "The stakes for special event make-ups (SMUs) rise each year as consumers are looking for a more special commemorative item to celebrate their achievement. Newton Running really rose to the top among the submissions for the 2016 Boston Marathon SMUs with the shoe's creativity, bold colors and incorporative blend of the logos of Newton, Massachusetts and Newton Running."
The shoe gives runners early access to the Fate 2, which launches in May 2016. Enhancements include:
- NEW seamless upper with open-weave mesh and no-sew overlays provides optimal foot conformity and breathability
- NEW enhanced metatarsal stretch panels
Runners who already love the Fate can be confident that the update retains its best features including:
- Newton's patented Action/Reaction™ Technology for a highly responsive but soft, trampoline-like cushioning in the forefoot and heel
- Biomechanical Sensor Plate promotes a lighter, more efficient stride
- Plush tongue and collar
- Fixed foam insole supplies light underfoot comfort
- Five-lug P.O.P. 2 outsole platform features beveled lugs for a smooth transition
- Weight: 7.9 oz (W), 9.4 oz (M)
- Drop 4.5mm
The Fate 2 Boston retails for $140.