WASHINGTON, DC (PRWEB) April 11, 2016
With summer travel season, just around the corner, tourists-to-be are starting to plan this season’s vacations.
Crescent Hotels & Resorts, which manages over 100 hotels and resorts in the U.S. and Canada – including more than a dozen in the Washington, DC area, offers a dedicated online resource for planning DC vacations at stayinwashingtondc.com.
Crescent has also put together a list of the top 15 hotels in and around Washington, DC that offer conveniences like being close to Metrorail or complimentary shuttles – along with the special summer offerings and promotions available for couples, families, and groups:
1. Hyatt Place Washington DC/US Capitol: Right in the middle of it all, this 14-story hotel sits in view of the US Capitol Building and offers several special packages! The Newseum Package includes two tickets for entry into the Newseum along with 2 pm late check-out. And the hotel is conveniently located only 3 Metrorail stops from the Newseum.
The Urban Experience Package allows guests to customize their visit our Nation’s Capital with two all-day SmarTrip® metrorail passes valid for one day of unlimited Metrorail travel, and dinner for two with two appetizers and two entrees.
Don’t need dinner included in the package? The DC Metrorail Package provides guests with The SmarTrip® card valid for one day of unlimited Metrorail travel. And the Parking Package includes valet parking for one vehicle with unlimited in and out privileges.
2. Sheraton Tysons Hotel: Adjacent to the Spring Hill Road Metrorail Silver Line Stop, Sheraton Tysons Hotel is convenient to all the things to do in Tysons Corner. Plus, the hotel is conveniently located less than 20 minutes from downtown Washington, D.C., and minutes from Dulles Airport. Starting this Memorial Day, the hotel will offer a Stay & Play Family Package and a Sunset Lovers Package.
The family focused package allows for a great weekend getaway and for guest to enjoy some of Fairfax County’s favorite attractions, with four tickets to the local Tysons AMC Theater, for 1 admission to Jefferson Falls Mini Fold at Jefferson District Park, discounted admission at the Colvin Run Mill, and more.
The couples’ package offers a room with a view facing the Blue Ridge Mountains on the 10th floor or higher for a spectacular sunset, complimentary champagne and chocolate covered strawberries for two, choice of a complimentary in room movie, and even breakfast in bed.
3. Hilton Crystal City Hotel: This hotel’s “Hot Summer Deal” Package includes breakfast for two and two all day Metrorail passes. It is conveniently located next to Ronald Reagan National Airport, with local shopping and restaurants, and is walking distance to the Crystal City Metrorail station. The hotel also offers a complimentary shuttle to and from airport and metro.
4. Cambria hotel & suites Rockville: This Rockville, Maryland hotel is featuring two packages this summer. The Breakfast, Parking and Points Package includes free parking, free breakfast for one in the Social Circle, and 500 Choice Privilege Points.
The Family Fun Package allows families to stay in spacious deluxe rooms, get breakfast each morning for 2 adults and 2 kids, receive coloring books with crayons or games for different age ranges to have while enjoying milk and assorted cookies, and sparkling juice or wine and chocolate covered fruit for the parents.
5. The Westin Arlington Gateway: In the vibrant Ballston area of Arlington, and close to downtown D.C., this hotel offers great rewards for Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) members with their “Take Two” promotion, which earns double points. This hotel also offers fun packages for everyone, like “Pay Rates Equal to your Birth Year” in which the rate for the second & third nights of “your stay equals your birth year” (e.g. born in 1968? Pay $68). And locals who are looking to get-away close to home can take advantage of the 20% discount for Virginia, Maryland and Washington, D.C. residents.
6. The Westin Reston Heights: Just minutes from Dulles International Airport, guests can take advantage of complimentary shuttles to the airport and to the new Silver Line Metrorail that goes directly to the Smithsonian and all other major DC attractions; as well as a championship golf course and Vinifera, an award-winning restaurant. This hotel also offers fun packages like the “Pay Rates Equal to your Birth Year” promotion. And the Virginia is for Lovers Package offers a complimentary upgrade to a Junior Suite, $50 dining credit in Vinifera Restaurant, a bottle of local Virginia wine, a VA for Lovers keepsake, and 4 pm late check out.
7. Sheraton Reston Hotel: This hotel also offers a complimentary shuttle to the Silver Line Metrorail, and the “Pay Rates Equal to your Birth Year” package. The Shopping Package offers complimentary breakfast for two, a $50 Visa gift card towards Tysons Center or Reston Town Center, and complimentary shuttle service to Reston Town Center and Wiehle Metrorail Station. And the Date Night Package includes complimentary breakfast for two, and two movie tickets to Bow Tie Cinema located at the Reston Town Center.
8. DoubleTree by Hilton Largo-Washington DC: Nestled in the suburbs of Maryland, just outside Washington, D.C., it is located near FedEx Field, home of the Washington Redskins, and Six Flags America. The hotel also offers complimentary shuttle service to nearby restaurants and two Metrorail stations. The Doubletree offers a Six Flags Stay & Play Package which includes two Six Flag admission tickets per reservation and a parking voucher for Six Flags as well as breakfast buffet for two and even a welcome fun play kit for children.
9. Wingate by Wyndham Chantilly: This pet-friendly hotel located in Chantilly, VA, was just renovated in 2015 and offers a complimentary shuttle to and from Washington Dulles Airport, and the Smithsonian Institution Air & Space Museum. Guests can take advantage of a variety of offers such as AAA/AARP discounts, special rates for active and retired military as well as discounts with advance purchase rates.
10. Residence Inn Herndon Reston: Planning an extended stay? This all-suite hotel, also pet-friendly, offers a complimentary shuttle to Metrorail, Dulles Airport, and anything within a three-mile radius. The ideal location for those planning a longer stay in the nation’s capital, as this hotel offers promotions with room to spread out, a complimentary hot breakfast daily, and even full kitchens in every suite. Kids and adults alike will enjoy the seasonal outdoor pool.
11. Best Western Old Colony Inn: With a complimentary shuttle to historic Old Town Alexandria, as well as to the Metrorail and airport, this hidden gem offers extra services in addition to its discounts for AAA and AARP members. With many restaurants, shopping and entertainment options, it’s the ideal place to relax after day full of sightseeing in D.C.
And when looking for day trips to explore the areas around Washington, DC during over a summer vacation, or attractions to visit before/after a trip to DC, consider the Frederick, Maryland, Baltimore, MD and Manassas, VA following nearby destinations and hotels:
12. Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas: Just an hour from DC, the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas is one of the closest hotels to Manassas Battlefield, Jiffy Lube Live, and other popular Northern Virginia attractions including historical, arts and wineries, as well as shopping and restaurants. The hotel offers romantic and weekend getaway packages.
13. Hampton Inn & Suites Frederick-Fort Detrick: In Maryland’s second-largest city, visitors can discover where George Washington and Benjamin Franklin met as young men, spend the day shopping for antiques in the thriving historic district, learn about our area’s great architecture at the Schifferstadt Architectural Museum, or play a round of golf at Clustered Spires Golf Course. With a variety of packages, there’s one that’s just right for everyone.
14. Holiday Inn & Conference Center Frederick: Like the Hampton Inn & Suites Frederick-Fort Detrick, the Holiday Inn offers easy access to the many historical and cultural attractions the city has to offer. After an exciting day of sightseeing, guests can unwind and take a dip in the hotel’s indoor pool, and even enjoy a round of miniature golf in the atrium enclosed course. The hotel is adjacent to the region’s largest shopping mall, offer countless shopping, dining and entertainment options…as well as packages to explore the region. Frederick is also a nice stop, equidistant between Washington, DC and Baltimore, MD.
15. Baltimore, MD: See the waterfront shops, restaurants and attractions of the Inner Harbor. Walk the charming cobblestoned streets of Fells Point. Be amazed at the world-famous Baltimore National Aquarium. Sing along with local and national favorite artists at 1st Mariner Arena, adjacent to our hotel. Taken in a game and cheer the Orioles on at Camden Yards watch the Ravens NFL action at M&T Stadium. The Baltimore Harbor Hotel puts guests right in the center of it all, with special deals and promotions available online.
With all of these options, and 20+ summer deals, there is something for everyone to be able to enjoy the best of Washington, DC. For more information, and to plan a summer vacation, visit http://www.stayinwashingtondc.com/hoteldeals.
About Stay in Washington DC
Stay in Washington DC includes Crescent Hotels & Resorts’ hotels located in and around Washington, DC. These properties are internationally recognized brands including, Hilton, Hyatt, Sheraton, Westin, Marriott, IHG, Wingate by Wyndham, Radisson, Cambria hotels & suites and Best Western. Most hotels are in walking distance to a Metrorail or offer complimentary shuttle service that links guests to the city’s world renowned Metrorail network. Most locations offer various dining, shopping and entertainment options just minutes away via walking, complimentary shuttle or Metrorail. Several locations offer award winning restaurants right inside the hotels. For more information, visit stayinwashingtondc.com, like on http://www.facebook.com/StayInWashDC, follow on twitter.com/stayinwashdc, follow on Instagram, subscribe on YouTube and connect on Google+.
About Crescent Hotels & Resorts
Crescent Hotels & Resorts is a nationally recognized, top-5 operator of hotels and resorts. Crescent currently operates over 100 hotels and resorts in 27 states in the US and 5 provinces in Canada. Crescent is one of the few elite management companies approved to operate upper-upscale and luxury hotels under the brand families of Marriott, Hilton, Starwood, Hyatt and IHG. Crescent also operates a collection of legendary independent hotels and resorts. Crescent’s clients are made up of hotel REITs, private equity firms and major developers. For more information, please visit http://www.chrco.com.
rw Stayinwashingtondc.com #stayinwashdc