San Antonio, TX (PRWEB) April 06, 2016
Compass Intelligence, a metrics-based market research and analytics firm, released new research this week on the worldwide enterprise messaging app market. The worldwide enterprise messaging app market will reach more than $1.9 (USD) billion in revenues by 2019. The modern dispersed and mobile workforce is finding productivity, collaboration and communications challenged by current business tools. A potential solution, Enterprise Chat Platforms--consumer-friendly, chat-based platforms, which manage internal and external communications as well as business applications for the modern workforce. Not only do these enterprise chat platforms have the potential to improve work efficiency, they may also spawn significant innovation and disruption in the broader business application ecosystem. This report explores the market drivers and challenges for enterprise chat platforms and enterprise messaging apps, detailed review of the major players, vendor competitive analysis and 2015-2019 revenue and user market size/market share.
“Market drivers are in place to force a significant innovation in work efficiency, and the key is messaging, or chat,” explains Mark Beccue, Senior Contributing Analyst at Compass Intelligence. “Chat and the Conversational User Interface (CUI) will increasingly become the prevalent user interface for both consumers and business, overtaking the graphical user interface for computer interaction.”
Some of the key questions and topics explored in this study include the following:
- What will be the impact of messaging on enterprise?
- Will chat platforms evolve the use, effectiveness of business applications? How will they succeed where enterprise social networks have failed?
- Will chat become the dominant interface for computer technology, replacing the Graphical User Interface (GUI)?
- How will enterprise chat platforms evolve collaboration, productivity, communication?
- Will one/few platforms dominate or will chat and messaging disperse into business apps?
- Which platform model will succeed - Open platforms/API integration or “Walled Gardens”?
- Are chatbots a game changer for productivity, collaboration?
- Who will be the winners and losers with the emergence of enterprise chat platforms?
- What business models will succeed?
- Will chat platforms be focused on internal use only, or will they be able to bridge enterprises to partners and customers?
- How challenging is security and compliance?
Key vendors or applications explored, mentioned, or reviewed in this research include Convergely, Meekan, Roomino, DBot, Slack, Atlassian (HipChat), Facebook At Work, Microsoft (Yammer), IBM (Connections), SAP (Jam), Cisco (Spark), RingCentral, CA Technologies , ChatGrape, Jandi, Symphony, TigerText, Carii, Red E App, KORE, and BaseCamp.
To get more information including the table of contents, list of figures, and introduction to the market, please click here: http://www.compassintelligence.com/uploads/2/6/7/4/26740724/enterprise_chat_platforms_execsummary_04042016.pdf