Washington, DC (PRWEB) April 05, 2016
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is pleased to announce the publication of Specialty Pharmacy Trends and Strategies: 2016-2017 Edition, a completely up-to-date resource providing a comprehensive overview of the current state of the specialty pharmacy industry. As hot-button issues continue to arise in the specialty pharmacy marketplace, Specialty Pharmacy Trends and Strategies is a convenient source for details on the latest management strategies and tactics. It includes coverage of:
- Cost-control measures — Formulary exclusions, benefit design strategies and managing specialty drugs via the medical benefit.
- Hepatitis C drugs and PCSK9 inhibitors — Managing the ultra-high costs of hep C treatments Sovaldi, Harvoni and Viekira Pak, and the PCSK9s Praluent and Repatha.
- Biosimilars — The impact the launch of Zarxio — and controversies surrounding it — has had on the market, products in the pipeline and the debate over federal oversight.
- The 340B federal discounted drug pricing program — Reimbursement and distribution issues, as well as questions that linger despite recently proposed guidance.
- Personalized medicine — Payer coverage and FDA monitoring of genetic tests.
- Oncology management — Value-based models such as bundled payments, clinical pathways and oncology medical homes, as well as treatment strategies for managing specific cancer types.
For more information on Specialty Pharmacy Trends and Strategies: 2016-2017 Edition, including a full table of contents, visit https://aishealth.com/marketplace/specialty-pharmacy-trends-and-strategies.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for nearly 30 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals and health systems, health insurance companies, medical group practices, purchasers of health insurance, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, databases, websites, looseleafs, strategic reports, directories, webinars and virtual conferences. Learn more at http://AISHealth.com.