“This is a must-attend educational event for purchasers to learn about new ideas and what’s working from nationally-recognized experts and leading employers,” said MBGH president and CEO Larry Boress.
Chicago, IL (PRWEB) April 06, 2016
The Midwest Business Group on Health will explore the challenges employers face in today’s “Real World of Health Benefits” at its 36th Annual Conference on May 5-6, 2016 at the Mid-America Club in Chicago. One of the nation’s leading employer-focused conferences, the event offers critical insight, strategies and tools to improve stakeholder management of health benefits, while driving health care system changes and payment reform.
“In a post ACA environment, employers must continue to navigate reform laws while seeking ways to realize a return on investment for the billions of dollars they are spending on wellness and other health benefit programs,” said Larry Boress, president and CEO of MBGH. “This is a must-attend educational event for purchasers to learn about new ideas and what’s working from nationally-recognized experts and leading employers.”
The conference will cover important topics for mid- and large-sized businesses including strategies for reducing exposure to the excise tax; outcomes and value-based contracting to impact delivery system change, quality and costs; implementing consumer-directed health plans; strategies to drive employee engagement; and the future impact of wellness programs.
- Todd Bisping, Director of Benefit Strategy, Caterpillar Inc.
- Suzanne F. Delbanco, Chief Executive Officer, Catalyst for Payment Reform
- Alfred Lewis, Founder & President, Disease Management Purchasing Consortium International, Inc. & CEO, Quizzify
- John Rother, President & CEO, National Coalition on Health Care
- Michael Thompson, President & CEO, National Business Coalition on Health
- Tom Ciccotti, Executive Vice President, Wellness Research Institute
- Kim Dwyer, Vice President, Benefits Services, Advocate Health Care & MBGH Board Chair
- Lois Lourie, Vice President, Health & Welfare Benefits, Abbvie
- Kevin W. McCabe, MD, Director of Occupational Medicine, SC Johnson, A Family Company
- Sandra Morris, former Sr. Manager of Benefits, Procter & Gamble
- John Neuberger, Director of Client Partnerships, QuadMed
- Amy F. Oldenburg, Vice President, Network & Product Strategy, Aetna
- Bill Santulli, Executive Vice President/Chief Operating Officer, Advocate Health Care
- Bruce Sherman, MD, Medical Director, Population Health Management, RightOpt Exchange, Xerox
- Tom Sondergeld, Vice President Global Benefits & Mobility, Walgreens Boots Alliance
Additional details and registration information can be found on MBGH’s website.
The program has been approved for 14 recertification credit hours through the HR Certification Institute (HRCI).
About the Midwest Business Group on Health
With more than 130 member organizations, the Midwest Business Group on Health is one of the nation’s leading non-profit business groups of large, self-insured public and private employers serving as a source for leading health benefit professionals and a catalyst for community initiatives to improve the quality, safety and cost-effectiveness of the health care delivery system. MBGH is a founding member of the National Business Coalition on Health. Follow on Twitter: @MidwestBGH
Note to editors: A limited number of passes are available to accredited media upon request.