We are delivering a paradigm shift in K-12 education technology by bringing together all of the key capabilities districts, schools, and teachers need in one powerful platform.
Folsom, California (PRWEB) April 13, 2016
PowerSchool, the #1 leading provider of K-12 education technology solutions, today announced a 75% increase in year-over-year new customer bookings. Annual bookings doubled since the first quarter of last year, fueled by new and existing customer demand for a comprehensive platform for K-12 schools and districts. Since PowerSchool broke away from Pearson and became a stand-alone company in 2015, its growth has reflected the company’s renewed focus on providing best-in-class technology solutions that streamline administrative processes and improve instructional outcomes for K-12 educators around the world.
The acquisitions of InfoSnap and Interactive Achievement expand PowerSchool’s reach to include key functional needs of enrollment and assessment in K-12 education. In addition to the most widely used student information system (SIS), the company now offers intuitive solutions that simplify district administration and data collection, improve compliance outcomes while fostering individualized classroom instruction, and increase student and parent engagement with instant access to student data. PowerSchool’s comprehensive platform drove increased customer demand as the company welcomed over 100 new clients and added over 500,000 new students to its portfolio since separating from Pearson.
“Our customers and prospects are applauding the investments we are making in PowerSchool. We are delivering a paradigm shift in K-12 education technology by bringing together all of the key capabilities districts, schools, and teachers need in one powerful platform. District leaders realize the significant lower cost of ownership, budget benefits, state and federal compliance, lower requirements on IT, data integrity, security and seamless engaging experience for all of their key constituents – administrators, teachers, students, and parents,” said Hardeep Gulati, CEO of PowerSchool. “With strong financial and customer growth, proven execution, and increased customer satisfaction, PowerSchool is on track to continue its momentum and expand on its leadership in the K-12 education technology industry.”
Recognizing the value that PowerSchool offers, existing customers are expanding their use of the education platform to drive greater efficiency in and out of the classroom. ”We love PowerSchool and have achieved great success with the student information system. Launching the online registration solution made sense, as the features and functionality only complement what we’re already used to experiencing as a PowerSchool user,” said Priscilla Sumrall, Software Specialist at Jones County School District in Mississippi.
Key Q1 2016 highlights include:
- Increased sales by more than double compared to the first quarter of last year, including 75% organic growth
- Addition of nearly 300 new employees since leaving Pearson last year and becoming an independent company
- Relocation to new headquarters in Folsom, California, providing an enhanced environment for innovation, collaboration, and expansion
- Completion of two acquisitions within first six months of becoming a stand-alone company, providing a more comprehensive suite of applications to customers and creating a more unified user experience
- Successful transition to best-in-class hosting with Rackspace
- Launch of PowerTeacher Pro, an advanced gradebook for the digital classroom, designed in collaboration with teachers to empower them and drive student growth
Notable customer wins include:
- Cicero District 99 –Illinois
- Perrysburg Schools - Ohio
- Montgomery County School District - Georgia
- Kettering City Schools - Ohio
- Jones County School District - Mississippi
- Lethbridge School District No. 51 – Alberta, Canada
- Casa Grande Elementary School District - Arizona
- Diocese of San Jose - California
- North Hills - Pennsylvania
- Brownsville ISD - Texas
- Sarasota County Schools - Florida
- Athlos Academies - Idaho
New Jersey’s Pennsville School District’s Data Information Systems Manager, Christie Goss, provides additional feedback about being a PowerSchool user: “Our district has been with PowerSchool for over 16 years. We have access to all of the student information in PowerSchool and the flexibility to review and report that data in multiple ways, including the system and state reports. We recently added PowerSchool Registration, which replaced a very paper-intensive process. It's been a great way to collect accurate data and has eliminated the need for support staff to interpret and key in updated student information. PowerSchool is a cutting-edge solution that automates many processes to help us stay efficient,” says Goss.
About PowerSchool Group LLC
PowerSchool is the #1 leading education technology platform for K-12, serving more than 40 million users, 17.5 million students, 31.5 million parents, and 70 countries around the world. We provide best-in-class, secure, and compliant online solutions, including student information systems, registration and school choice, assessment and analytics, and special education management. We empower teachers and drive student growth through innovative digital classroom capabilities, and we engage families through real-time communications across any device. Visit http://www.powerschool.com to learn more.