Washington, DC (PRWEB) April 13, 2016
AARP today announced the judges and coaches for its fifth Health Innovation@50+ LivePitch event which will be held Wednesday, April 27 at Plug and Play Tech Center in Sunnyvale, CA. Ten startup health tech companies focused on caregiving will pitch their businesses at this unique one day dual-pitch event. The judges from Cambia Health Solutions, Comcast Ventures, GE Ventures, Johnson & Johnson and JP Morgan Asset Management will evaluate the pitches, and the coaches will help the companies prepare. For more information and to register to attend at a price of only $299.00 for the full day, please visit http://health50.org/.
“The industry power brought together in our coaches and judges is awe inspiring. These are leaders in our industry today, giving their time to support the companies who will be leaders tomorrow,” said Jody Holtzman, senior vice president, Enterprise Strategy and Innovation, AARP. “With the event only two weeks away and filling up fast, I encourage anyone in the health tech community focused on solutions for people 50 and over, or their caregivers, to register now and join us for an amazing day April 27.”
AARP’s Health Innovation@50+ LivePitch is a one day pitch competition for emerging startups in the healthy living space with a focus on caregiving. The event will begin with speaking sessions on caregiving, and then a keynote with Nancy LeaMond, chief advocacy and engagement officer, AARP. In the afternoon, ten companies will present their business focus on stage before a panel of industry leader judges and an audience filled with actual intended end users of these solutions,i.e. AARP members and consumers
The judges who will evaluate the 10 finalists and ultimately select a winner, include:
- Leslie Bottorff, managing director, GE Ventures, who specializes in investments in digital health, healthcare IT, medical device technology and emerging business models. Leslie brings nearly 20 years venture investing experience, and 19 years serving in operating roles at both large and venture backed companies. @bottorffleslie
- Rob Coppedge, president, Direct Health Solutions, Cambia Health Solutions, leads Cambia’s health solutions businesses, including the portfolio of wholly-owned companies and strategic investments. In this role, Rob accelerates Cambia’s work in investing in and building companies that enable and deliver a transformed experience to health care consumers nationwide. @coppedge
- Stacy Feld, senior director, Consumer Scientific Innovation, Johnson & Johnson Innovation, leads efforts to establish a high-value consumer innovation portfolio. For nearly two decades, Stacy has been a leader in translating innovative science into commercial solutions for the health consumer. Her experience includes venture capital investing, intellectual property licensing and strategic partnering, and business strategy and incubation, across the life sciences, healthcare, diagnostics, digital health, nutrition and consumer product industries. @stacyamityfeld
- Amanda Wilson, portfolio manager, Private Equity Group, JP Morgan Asset Management, manages a diverse portfolio of corporate finance partnerships, venture capital partnerships, direct investments and secondary transactions.
- Michael Yang, managing director, Comcast Ventures, focuses on consumer Internet applications and services. Prior to this he was Vice President/General Manager at Yahoo! @yangbness1
The coaches who will support the finalists before and at the event include:
- Sivaram Arabandi, MD, MS, Clinical Informatics, ONTOPRO, @ontomd
- Dana Abramovitz, PhD, Business Development lead, Health and Medtech, SXSW, @DanaAbramovitz
- Kim Bond Evans, CEO Seremedi, @kimbondevans
- Dorit Donoviel, PhD, director, Biomedical Innovation Laboratory, Deputy Chief Scientist, The National Space Biomedical Research Institute (NSBRI), @DoritD
- Benjamin Glenn, partner, patent attorney, Shay Glenn LLP, @BenjaminGlenn87
- Alicia Heazlitt, director of Corporate Development & Innovation, Signature HealthCARE, @AliciaHeazlitt
- Deborah Mansfield, director, Life Sciences Accelerator, Houston Technology Center,
- Laura Mitchell, founder, Laura Mitchell Consulting, @laurahmitchell
- Hubert Zajicek, MD, CEO & co-founder, Health Wildcatters, @HubertZajicek
Previous AARP Health Innovation@50+ LivePitch events have been held in Boston, Las Vegas and New Orleans, with last year’s event in Miami showcasing technology innovation across Florida.
Press are invited to attend the 5th AARP Health Innovation@50+ LivePitch event gratis and may register by contacting Laura Beck, laurabeck(at)adeointeractive(dot)com. Representatives from AARP and past winners and finalists, as well as judges, are also available for interviews.
Please mark your calendar now to join us Wednesday April 27, 2016 at Plug and Play Tech Center in Sunnyvale, CA to see the most exciting startup companies in the “50 and over” health technology sector. Register to attend the event at http://health50.org/.
The AARP Health Innovation @50+ LivePitch event is produced with support by Adeo InterActive.
AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization, with a membership of nearly 38 million, that helps people turn their goals and dreams into Real Possibilities, strengthens communities and fights for the issues that matter most to families such as healthcare, employment and income security, retirement planning, affordable utilities and protection from financial abuse. We advocate for individuals in the marketplace by selecting products and services of high quality and value to carry the AARP name as well as help our members obtain discounts on a wide range of products, travel, and services. A trusted source for lifestyle tips, news and educational information, AARP produces AARP The Magazine, the world's largest circulation magazine; AARP Bulletin; http://www.aarp.org; AARP TV & Radio; AARP Books; and AARP en Español, a Spanish-language website addressing the interests and needs of Hispanics. AARP does not endorse candidates for public office or make contributions to political campaigns or candidates. The AARP Foundation is an affiliated charity that provides security, protection, and empowerment to older persons in need with support from thousands of volunteers, donors, and sponsors. AARP has staffed offices in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Learn more at http://www.aarp.org.
Real Possibilities is a trademark of AARP.